List of some great dac/headphone amps?
Dec 30, 2015 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

branislav

100+ Head-Fier
I'd love to see some list that has some good dac/headphone amps? I can research great dac and amps but its really hard to find both in one combos, like lampizator head dac...

Thank you for any input

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 7
Happy Camper with Schiit Bimby DAC and Asgard 2 combo on my AKG K712. Make sure to choose the right Amp for your Headphones since not many of them are capable of driving all kinds of headphones to their max potential.

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 7
  Thank you for suggestions. I will check those out. There are 2 boxes solutions, I guess 1 unit combo are pretty rare still and just starting to come up...

They're not rare per se, there's definitely a good selection of them out there. Most people prefer separate boxes as it gives you more control over your audio chain in switching in/out, and mix and matching different amps/dacs.

A one box solution often means you need the same amp/dac setup for work well with all the headphones you plan on using.

It's more common to find amp/dac combos in mobile solutions where space is at a premium.

Some units have a loop out to skip the amp section so you can use the dac without the amp section which can sometimes be a decent solution.

EDIT: Also, what's the price range you're looking at and HPs you plan to use? It'll help us give you more personalized suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back