List of Schiavo Donors To Be Sold
Apr 3, 2005 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

bLue_oNioN

Headphoneus Supremus
Interesting news:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahoo! News
If you expressed your support to Terri Schiavo and her parents fight to keep her alive, you may begin to receive a steady stream of solicitations, according to a Local 6 News report.

Terri Schiavo's parents have agreed to sell their list of supporters to a direct-mailing firm, Local 6 News reported.

The company, "Response Unlimited" pays about $150 a month for 6,000 names and $500 a month for 6,000 e-mail addresses.

A spokesperson for the Schindlers confirmed that they had agreed to sell the information, but won't say for how much.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

[size=xx-small]
Source: Yahoo! News[/size]

Apr 3, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #4 of 41
eek.gif

There's a great way to honor your daughter's memory -- sell out those who wished to protect her?

Apr 3, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #8 of 41
Quote:

I guess some people wish they were a part of the other camp now....

You don't change your core beleifs because of a bad apple or two,that would make you a person with no convictions and easily swayed depending on which way the wind was blowing.

A personality type I personally have zero respect for .

Even those I don't agree with i have to respect if they truly beleive what they say .the others,those easily swayed by popular opinion or what is at the time the "cool" opinion are beneath notice as anything of any importance-poor them for they know not who they are deep down and are only part of the crowd manipulatiuon tactics some use for their own personal gain or to push an agenda by pointing to the "numbers"

Apr 3, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #9 of 41
A word of caution -

This is the sort of thread that was borderline "Outside" material. If it gets even the least bit political, I'm locking it.

Apr 3, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #11 of 41
elrod-tom, you forgot: HALL MONITOR ALERT!!

I agree this is very sick.

Without expressing an opinion on the Schiavo situation in general, I have to say this makes me question the Schindlers' motives. I had read somewhere that some of the animosity between Michael Schiavo and the Schindlers had to do with the fact that the Schindlers did not receive any of the money from Terri's malpractice settlement.

Apr 3, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #13 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Shindler's List has been sold?!
eek.gif

-Ed

LOL
evil_smiley.gif

What a nice way to return the favor to the people who gave their support to Terri's parents in their time of need. The moral of the story here is dont express support to someone you dont know.
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #14 of 41
I've been trying to find more information regarding this development, but have so far come up empty-handed, with the exception of a more thorough NY Times article. If anybody can dig up anything, it would be much appreciated =)

Apr 3, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

I've been trying to find more information regarding this development, but have so far come up empty-handed, with the exception of a more thorough NY Times article. If anybody can dig up anything, it would be much appreciated =)

Same thing here,nothing.

i always like to have multiple corraboration before i pass judgement and one report from a possibly biased source does not get it for me but only when all sources from both sides of the equation agree and report the same thing do i trust the report.

so far the silence is deafening so I have my doubts
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back