List of preferred audio software on Mac (Players, converters, tweakers, eq, etc...)
Jun 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DevilsRightHand

Head-Fier
I just bought a Pico USB Amp/Dac and in the user manual, Headamp lists 2 recommended softwares ie. iTunes and Cog. This is the first I've heard of Cog so I wanted your opinion on this app but also what you Head-Fier Mac users use and prefers for your audio needs.

Be it audio/media player, equalizers, converters, tweakers or MP3 player library managers.

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #4 of 5
I use Pure Music - it also has a free trial period.  It also can be used with iTunes.  It offers a noticeable sound improvement over basic iTunes.

http://www.channld.com/pure-music4.html

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
How are these better than just using BitPerfect to ensure that iTunes delivers a bit-perfect signal to the DAC?

Not certain they would be better - everything I hear about BitPerfect is that it is quite good.  I have a friend using BitPerfect who is quite happy with it.  

But a bit-perfect signal to the DAC might not be all that matters.  I use Pure Music which is a noticeable improvement over iTunes in it's basic configuration.  Configuring it to Memory Play / Hog Mode / Integer Mode makes a very noticeable improvement over the basic configuration - still the same bit-perfect signal....  Hmmm.

Others say different media players sound different.  I haven't tried other players, but personally it wouldn't surprise me if they did.  Maybe one of these days I'll take advantage of a free trial period and find out for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back