1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

List of preferred audio software on Mac (Players, converters, tweakers, eq, etc...)

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by devilsrighthand, Jun 4, 2013.
  1. DevilsRightHand
    I just bought a Pico USB Amp/Dac and in the user manual, Headamp lists 2 recommended softwares ie. iTunes and Cog. This is the first I've heard of Cog so I wanted your opinion on this app but also what you Head-Fier Mac users use and prefers for your audio needs.

Be it audio/media player, equalizers, converters, tweakers or MP3 player library managers.

2. cgoodwin22
  3. netdog
    How are these better than just using BitPerfect to ensure that iTunes delivers a bit-perfect signal to the DAC? I'm quite skeptical.

4. Hi Rez
    I use Pure Music - it also has a free trial period.  It also can be used with iTunes.  It offers a noticeable sound improvement over basic iTunes.

http://www.channld.com/pure-music4.html

5. Hi Rez
    Quote:
    Not certain they would be better - everything I hear about BitPerfect is that it is quite good.  I have a friend using BitPerfect who is quite happy with it.  

But a bit-perfect signal to the DAC might not be all that matters.  I use Pure Music which is a noticeable improvement over iTunes in it's basic configuration.  Configuring it to Memory Play / Hog Mode / Integer Mode makes a very noticeable improvement over the basic configuration - still the same bit-perfect signal....  Hmmm.

Others say different media players sound different.  I haven't tried other players, but personally it wouldn't surprise me if they did.  Maybe one of these days I'll take advantage of a free trial period and find out for myself.