List of Low/ Mid-Priced Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi
Apr 3, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #47 of 70
Linn Basik/Akito arm/K9 cartridge - I am loving it, getting a TT was my best hi fi move, on a par with getting first separates system. Will upgrade cartridge to Grado Gold at some point and want a Funk Achromat and a disk clamp. Loving looking for vinyl classical/jazz and other things in markets/second hand shops/charity shops and vinyl DOES sound better than anything else.

Apr 5, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #49 of 70
2 TTs:
Project Debut III phono SB
Goldring Lenco GL75

Cassette:
Pioneer CT-4040

I'm trying to build a full vintage rig with the Lenco and a Rotel receiver (RX-402). I'm having trouble finding a nice, working reel-to-reel tape deck for sensible money though. If anyone knows of a good source of these in the UK that would be sweet.

Edit: Receiver removed - as pointed out by derekbmn, it isn't really a source.

This thread got me thinking about that old top-loading cassette deck sitting in the garage - Pioneer CT-4040. It still works, the only stuff I still only have on tape is Creedence Clearwater Revival though...

Apr 5, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #50 of 70
Using some bday money recently I got me a Kenwood KD-44R turntable from a local shop that repairs vintage audio equipment. They told me any turntables made after the mid 80's they usually just throw away.
It has a really cool red light that says "quartz lock" even though I have no idea what it means.

Anyway it came with some Audio Technica cartridge I can't identify. I'm tempted to start messing with it even though it sounds fine. Guess that's the spirit, if it sounds good, try to make it sound even better.

I need to get a brush.

And, uhh, I use the FM tuner on my Realistic STA-65C receiver pretty often. It sounds incredible considering it's radio.

Apr 6, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #51 of 70
Guys... I think at this point I am going to take it as far as stand alone tuners and not include receivers on the list.

I really appreciate the participation though and the list continues to grow daily. THANKS !
biggrin.gif

Lots of interesting equipment too. Love the vintage stuff myself and IMO still some of the best deals among turntables are in this category.

Again.... thanks a lot.

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #52 of 70
Music Hall 2.1

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #53 of 70
I use a Rega P3-24 with TT-PSU. Currently using an Ortofon 2M Black cart into a Pure Sound P10 valve phono stage.

I have done a few tweaks, namely a Funk Firm Achroplat replacment platter, a Rega Tungsten counter weight and a limited edition white Rega belt.

Another marked improvement came from sitting it on a Creaktiv Isolation platform and using Vibrapods and cones instead of the stock feet.

All in all sounds pretty good to my ears.

May 13, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #57 of 70
Music Hall MMF 5 with a grado green. My old revolver rebel was getting problematic so i was perusing agon and found the mmf 5 locally for cheap and am loving it.

May 14, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #58 of 70
Technics SL1210 M5G, with KAB fluid damper, strobe disabler, KAB thick rubber mat, Zupreme headshell, AT OC9II and DL103R carts, Cinemag SUT, Project Phonobox II SE on DC power... the rig totally rocks out... I just love it.
L3000.gif

May 15, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #60 of 70
Very happy with my SL1200MKII bought in 1984. It`s been spinning problemfree all that time, just needing a few drops of oil down the bearing every few years. Currently a Shure M97XE is mounted in the stock arm.
The rig is presently spinning an old russian pressing of Sgt.Peppers directly through a LC Audio phonostage, Pimeta & ATH-W1000
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back