List of introductory cans by price
May 20, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #61 of 79
I think you could add there the AT ES7!... ...
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #64 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by hijodeltiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
update: ATH ES7 added!
Kees: Wallmaker just tends to sound a little uptight, especially in writing (he's talented at that.) Be nice, give him a break.
To Wallmaker, one word(?): LAWLZ.

=OK.
Not a recommendation, because I haven't heard them, but to make your list more complete I think these are worth investigating:
Equation audio Ear Tools RP-21 and RP-22x.
There is some discussion and a review in this thread.

May 20, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #65 of 79
I already included the RP-21, though I listed them as "Equation RP-21."
I think I should change the name.
I didn't in include the RP-22X since I don't know how appropiate it would be to confuse newer members with more models. And as I've heard, the RP-21s sound more balanced, and overall better than their bassier counterpart. But I haven't listened to neither.
What do you think?

May 20, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #66 of 79
Quote:

I already included the RP-21, though I listed them as "Equation RP-21."
I think I should change the name.
I didn't in include the RP-22X since I don't know how appropiate it would be to confuse newer members with more models. And as I've heard, the RP-21s sound more balanced, and overall better than their bassier counterpart. But I haven't listened to neither.
What do you think?

I have heard neither, but I would HATE to miss some good bass if there is some to be had.... And since a lot of people specifically ask for bass.... And since there are not a whole lot of decent closed cans....

May 20, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #69 of 79
Quote:

What are the price ranges for the RP-22X?
Would it be sacrilege to substitute the SR60 for iGrado?

Please dont! I think you should have there both! they are different kinds of HP, one portable, other essentially for entry level people at Grado line, so I think you could have there both, not put one over the other!

May 20, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #70 of 79
Quote:

update: ATH ES7 added!
Kees: Wallmaker just tends to sound a little uptight, especially in writing (he's talented at that.) Be nice, give him a break.
To Wallmaker, one word(?): LAWLZ.

Thanks! I think that with them there, your list is more rich!
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #72 of 79
Sorry Mr. Kees, I didn't intend to "sound" the way I think you perceived me to. I only meant to clearly state exactly why the MS-1 seems to be a good bet from what I'm hearing. As for those Equation RP-21 headphones, I have already considered them from hijodeltiger's list. They look very cool, but are a closed set. Just because you seem to have contributed quite a lot to this community and because I have not at all, I will reconsider these RP-21's and RP-22x's. Thanks.

What's up with closed headphones sounding worse than open ones?

Jun 28, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #75 of 79
Looks like a nice list! I'll have to use this sometime.

By the way i thought the Marshmallows were HA-FX33 not HP-FX33 like you have listed? Maybe its just me but mine are HA.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back