List of headphones that wont distort at high volumes and have some big bass?
May 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 10
Denon AHD2000 is my favorite though, price depends though :/

Mines Modded and cost me about $700 ish
Stock ones can b had for any where from $230-300

and you can also get a Modded D5k for about the same price as the Modded D2k, the differeance between the two really depend on the mods they have done, But for $119 The UE 6000 is nice n bassy 

May 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 10
Any planar plus EQ the mids and highs down until your ear are content with the amount of bass.

May 7, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 10
  Any planar plus EQ the mids and highs down until your ear are content with the amount of bass.

Yea, but some ppl are down for EQ and some arn't I don't like having to EQ since I'm equally portable and At home, meaning I don't always have access to a decent EQ. STILL... at the price point your at...Oh hey the Beyerdyanmic DT 990, can take a crap ton of bass EQ, it's got awesome sound and comfort and it's got gobs of bass AND the DT 990 is one of my FAVORITE cans to eq... but again it's open back so it's really only good for quiet places

Still screw my comment about not eqing, depending on the price your looking at paying eq may be a make or break thing!  I felt the DT 990 and HE 400 with EQ where both excellent cans, if your listening is primarly at home on a dedicated PC then EQ might be a life saver for your wallet! 

May 7, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 10

Not sure what you mean about big bass? Sheer force of impact and volume?

List of cans that won't distort before your ears suffer pain?

Sz2000
Yamaha Pro 500

It's a short list
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 10
I only say any planar because they tend to offer less distortion at higher volumes (in all regions mind you) ....so crank that...  I like playing with the EQ and was able to get a comparably bassy sound signature using my HE-500 to something like a M100.

May 7, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 10
  I only say any planar because they tend to offer less distortion at higher volumes (in all regions mind you) ....so crank that...  I like playing with the EQ and was able to get a comparably bassy sound signature using my HE-500 to something like a M100.

Indeed, that is a good point. But without knowing his price point it's hard to make recommendations

heck bro get your self an LCD 3 eq the crap out of it and go nuts xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back