List of bugs and suggestions for the new "Classified" section.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #122 of 124
I'd like to vote up suggestion #12: Add Item Location

At the minimum, make it necessary to indicate the country in which the item is located. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love an easy way to know in which country the item is located. It would make searching for deals a lot easier, and would probably save you some bandwidth. Right now it's really confusing to sell or buy stuff in the FS forum when you're outside the USA. I almost always have to ask where the item is, if the seller will ship it internationally, etc.

The market price is also not the same from one country to the next. Even on the used market, an item in Canada will be more expensive than one in the USA. A pair of Grado in the UK is much more expensive than one in America. With import fees and shipping, it's often a better deal to buy something that already is in the country. Being able to see the country in which the item is located is just as important as the price.

I might be dreaming here, but something that would be even better is a filter to select the item location. To see all items currently for sale in Canada would be amazing. Right now there's just no way this can be done, and one has to browse every single add from all over the world to find something locally.

Many classified are sold as "local pickup only". Those would sell better if one could even search locally.

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #123 of 124
Quote:
I'd like to vote up suggestion #12: Add Item Location

At the minimum, make it necessary to indicate the country in which the item is located. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love an easy way to know in which country the item is located. It would make searching for deals a lot easier, and would probably save you some bandwidth. Right now it's really confusing to sell or buy stuff in the FS forum when you're outside the USA. I almost always have to ask where the item is, if the seller will ship it internationally, etc.

The market price is also not the same from one country to the next. Even on the used market, an item in Canada will be more expensive than one in the USA. A pair of Grado in the UK is much more expensive than one in America. With import fees and shipping, it's often a better deal to buy something that already is in the country. Being able to see the country in which the item is located is just as important as the price.

I might be dreaming here, but something that would be even better is a filter to select the item location. To see all items currently for sale in Canada would be amazing. Right now there's just no way this can be done, and one has to browse every single add from all over the world to find something locally.

Many classified are sold as "local pickup only". Those would sell better if one could even search locally.

Same here, add the location.

At least do it like like Asia, Europe, 'meriica, Australia.

Or something like this. As an European buyer I usually search for items in Europe, so this would really lessen the effort needed to search all the european items, because the tag (EU) etc aint working so well in the search field and some people dont use it.

So just make a field for the country or area or continent, what ever works the best in your opinion.

Br. Losingedge

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #124 of 124
I would like a voltage transparency in the amp and dac section so you can search this from the start. Location would of course also work but there are many places where 220/230/240V work.

I would also like to see a better sorting of headphones.
In-ears, on-ears, over-ears is a good start.
Dynamic, planars and stats an option.

Tube/hybrid and solid state as well as portable and desktop in the amp section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back