List me the best headphones for PC gaming
Aug 4, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolchu001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go with the Razer AC-1 soundcard, and the HP-1 headphones...

Why would you recommend that overhyped crap?

I'd say go with Sennheiser HD555 or HD595. Both are excellent for gaming.

Aug 4, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #18 of 26
Think your choices are HD595, DT770Pro 80ohm & AD900. Personally i listen to alot of hiphop house and stuff so i went with the DT770 for the bass...Comes down to personal preference with these 3, they are all great. You should ask why people chose the headphone they did. You might find one of the answers close to how you feel, it could make it easier to decide.

Aug 4, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by s4nder /img/forum/go_quote.gif

X2

Aug 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Yea I was wondering that my self, I actual owned Barracuda AC1 and HP1,I wasnt happy with the HP1. I got rid of both the sound card and the HP1. I Wish I didnt buy either one. In up selling them both.

Aug 6, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #21 of 26
when you game do you use voice clients such as teamspeak or ventrilo? If so then i'd wager the option of a headset rather than a headphone might seem appealing. In that case, probably the best headset that can be easily driven from a conventional soundcard is the beyerdynamic dt234:

http://northern-america.beyerdynamic...ash=99175ae5da

Sennheiser also makes some:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...product=502141

but i don't recall their reviews being all that great. However, their pc 350 is new and i have no clue how that performs.

If not looking for a headset, i think the dt770 would probably suit your tastes & needs just fine.

update: I stand corrected, it looks like Beyer has released some new usb headsets to their lineup:

http://northern-america.beyerdynamic...ash=cd1211973d

Aug 6, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #22 of 26
AH-D2000's...Great sound stage, 3D positioning, Bass for explosions...Good stuff.
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #23 of 26
I got a pair of Ultrasone HFI 780s primarily for music, but I love them gor gaming also. Very clear, detailled.
Especially on some CoD4 matches, some of my friends always complain/wonder how I knew they were coming... I heard them
biggrin.gif
Adorable phones.
For the headset part, as I do only play "at home" where I'd need it, I got a USB desktop microphone from Logitech. Better and easier for me.

Aug 9, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

To the contrary, I got the Razer AC-1 off woot for $55. It uses the CMI 8788 chipset and is a fine sound quality sound card, and is an absolute steal if woot decides to feature it for the 4th time.

edit: I would say the HP-1 headphones are awful however

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowfreight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AH-D2000's...Great sound stage, 3D positioning, Bass for explosions...Good stuff.
biggrin.gif

markl mod them for better results. positioning becomes dead accurate. this is from my experiences with the MD5000s tho, not sure how much the MD2000s would vary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back