List 1 really good CD for headfi listening....
Mar 18, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #151 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gaucho "Steely Dan" Very Very Tight

Good call.

I'm listening to the MFSL CD at the moment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #152 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by XaNE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erich Kunzel & The Cincinnati Pops Good For Testing Out Headphones and high end speakers
smily_headphones1.gif

More specifically, try Ein Straussfest. It's more traditional classical than some of his other stuff, but still amazing. I bought it because of a magazine review, way before head-fi, about 20 years ago.

Chiller is good for a halloween type of mood and Round-up if you like western music.

The Sound Quality on all of the recordings are excellent. These are some of the best recorded CDs in my collection.

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #156 of 161
x2 on Stardust by Willie Nelson. Along the same lines, I always liked the sound of A Little Touch of Schmilsson in the Night by Harry Nilsson. Funny, I never thought of it, but their names are quite similar.

The Hoffman/Gray CCR remasters are wonderful through Grados with flats. Hard to keep the volume down though.
biggrin.gif

Can - Future Days, Pink Floyd - DSOTM, Mouse on Mars - Idiology, off the top of my head.

Mar 20, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #159 of 161
Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Act I

Mar 21, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #160 of 161
I just got paul gilbert's get out of my yard. amazing album for headphones, but be careful your head will explode when you get to curse of castle dragon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back