LISA3 Vcap Interconnects (NEW)
Dec 28, 2007 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18
I have 3 new cables for the LISA3 AMP and Vcap dock. These cables are designed to fit the P-Vcap dock and the wonderful LISA3 amps (TriadAudio.net) while keeping the fit and form at a minimum. We have 3 cable types to choose from. See the webpage under "Products" then "ALO interconnects..." then "ALO Specialty Interconnects" for more information.

Vcap-to-LISA-RCAs.jpg

If you do not have a P-Vcap dock please keep in mind that we also make ICs for this amp much like this only with RCAs terminating on the back of the amp. (see below) Please email about these.

Cable-for-back-inputs.jpg

Thanks!

Ken @ALO

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 28, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 18
How about a photo showing everything hooked up?

Assuming one had a LISA, p-vcap and iMod, how would one carry this rig around? (Okay, my LISA arrives any day now and I will have all these things, so give me some thoughts on making it portable!)

Dec 28, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 18
It would not be the easiest thing to carry around, but I figured that it could be laid flat in a something like a small messenger bag.(I am in a similar boat that FreeBlues is in we are both waiting for our Lisa to arrive, but I just sent my iPod to Vinnie to be modded.)

Dec 30, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #8 of 18
Such nice cables.
NOW I have to buy Lisa III
eek.gif

Jan 4, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #10 of 18
alright.. i'm switching over to lisa III, and now I am genuinely thrilled for ALO to have done this

what sort of variation takes place, sound-wise, from the cabling variety here and the standard au/ag cabling in it's other ALO uses? anyone able to review/comment on that yet?

Jan 4, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #11 of 18
From my understanding... when looking at the periodic table of elements column 11, going down the list from CU/Ag/Au/UUU; as you go down each element on the list, each gains more electronics thus allowing for faster/more efficient energy flow (less capacitance and resistance). Capacitance/resistance tends to make audio sound more "warm" by slowing down the attack and increasing the decay.

I don't know how this would affect the ground channel if say the audio path was copper while the ground was silver, gold, or unununium
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 3 new cables for the LISA3 AMP and Vcap dock. These cables are designed to fit the P-Vcap dock and the wonderful LISA3 amps (TriadAudio.net) while keeping the fit and form at a minimum. We have 3 cable types to choose from. See the webpage under "Products" then "ALO interconnects..." then "ALO Specialty Interconnects" for more information.

Vcap-to-LISA-RCAs.jpg

If you do not have a P-Vcap dock please keep in mind that we also make ICs for this amp much like this only with RCAs terminating on the back of the amp. (see below) Please email about these.

Cable-for-back-inputs.jpg

Thanks!

Ken @ALO

Can you make the iPod end charge capable (USB computer to iPod stock charge cable)? Or another method to charge while playing (USB to mini USB)?

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you make the iPod end charge capable (USB computer to iPod stock charge cable)? Or another method to charge while playing (USB to mini USB)?

I could but it would make the item cost more and some people claim that the charging while doing critical listening introduces noise.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back