Liquid Platinum Tube Rollers.
Feb 11, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #1,351 of 1,803
Brand new to the LP world and just bought my first set of tubes to try out. There is sooo much stuff to read but after a day or two I decided on these d-getter 6922 gold pin tubes, military editions, sylvania's. Did I make a good choice?

s-l1600.jpg
A very good choice 👍

Feb 11, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #1,353 of 1,803
I'm really digging these organ-branded 12AU7s... running with a pair of Conn-branded RCAs that arrived today and also these Baldwin-branded Raytheons:

canvas.png

I think I enjoy both more than the Amperex Bugle Boy 6922s. Never really did give the Electro-Harmonix that came with them much of a chance.

Feb 12, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #1,354 of 1,803
I'm really digging these organ-branded 12AU7s... running with a pair of Conn-branded RCAs that arrived today and also these Baldwin-branded Raytheons:

I think I enjoy both more than the Amperex Bugle Boy 6922s. Never really did give the Electro-Harmonix that came with them much of a chance.

I see what you’ve done now: you’ve put a second (12”) platter on top of the original one (under the cork mat). Did you use glass?

Feb 12, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #1,355 of 1,803

Most people here that have heard 6922 and adapter tubes favor 12AU7 and others. Early in the thread are many recommendations and sound signatures of a wide variety of tubes.

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #1,356 of 1,803
I see what you’ve done now: you’ve put a second (12”) platter on top of the original one (under the cork mat). Did you use glass?
That's not a second platter, it's just a felt mat. I doubled up the mats on the platter to get the headshell more parallel with the record as it plays.

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,357 of 1,803
Has anyone here had any experience rolling the Lansdale (CBRZ) 12au7 in the LP?
I just came across your inquiry. I am listening to the system with Lansdale CBRZ (Jan-1952) in Tubemonger adapters in the LP. The sound is very clear, extended in range, filled with detail. Overall tonality is just right. Ambience, if present in a recording, is recovered wonderfully. (My LP has undergone the capacitor modifications and runs off an external linear power supply.)

Feb 14, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #1,358 of 1,803
I just came across your inquiry. I am listening to the system with Lansdale CBRZ (Jan-1952) in Tubemonger adapters in the LP. The sound is very clear, extended in range, filled with detail. Overall tonality is just right. Ambience, if present in a recording, is recovered wonderfully. (My LP has undergone the capacitor modifications and runs off an external linear power supply.)

Thank you for that. I was always impressed with the Lansdale 7N7s, so no surprise their 12AU7s performs in the same manner (clear/extended/detail). Really appreciate it. I came across them on Langrex, so was surprised to see those tubes being sold over there.

Feb 14, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #1,359 of 1,803
I'm currently running my LP with NOS Jan Philips 6922, and I'm really enjoying both the clean and warm presentation. Amazing with my modded SR325s. Has anyone tried their LP with Amperex Bugle Boys or Gold Lions? I'm looking at picking up either or.

Feb 14, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #1,360 of 1,803
I'm currently running my LP with NOS Jan Philips 6922, and I'm really enjoying both the clean and warm presentation. Amazing with my modded SR325s. Has anyone tried their LP with Amperex Bugle Boys or Gold Lions? I'm looking at picking up either or.
The Genalex/Gold Lion 6922s are really good. Clear, focused, extended range. I thought that they were a touch light in the bass. I like that they do not cost A&L. No experience with bugle boys. Recommend highly Amperex PQ 7308s

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #1,362 of 1,803
Do you normally have good luck with ebay tubes? Usually I try to get them from Frank over at upscale audio.

Edit: meant Kevin, I don't know who Frank is hahaha

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #1,363 of 1,803
Those look nice! I'm a fan of NOS tubes but sometimes they can get ridiculously expensive. I was looking to try a current production and possibly a new NOS Amperex like that ebay pair, they look really nice 👍

Feb 15, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #1,364 of 1,803
Do you normally have good luck with ebay tubes? Usually I try to get them from Frank over at upscale audio.

Edit: meant Kevin, I don't know who Frank is hahaha
For the most part yes, even sellers who deliberately or inadvertently sell bad tubes will work with you on refunds and returns. Not wanting a negative rating on Ebay. This thread has a treasure trove of info available and I recommend everyone in general reading it.

Feb 15, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #1,365 of 1,803
For the most part yes, even sellers who deliberately or inadvertently sell bad tubes will work with you on refunds and returns. Not wanting a negative rating on Ebay. This thread has a treasure trove of info available and I recommend everyone in general reading it.

Awesome! I'll look around ebay. Yeah I got through about half of this thread. A lot of different tube recs, which is kind of normal in this hobby I think. No consensus is the consensus type of deal 😆. However, I do find people online and Dr. Cavalli recommending the Gold Lions so I think I'll experiment with those since they're current prod. and relatively easy to get at a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back