Liquid Platinum Tube Rollers.
Oct 23, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #1,096 of 1,808
Thanks, yes, i've already approached Deyan for pricing and such. Thank you for the tip regarding color - all the adapters i've seen of his, were black, so I assumed that was the standard. I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks!
Yeah! That's what I assumed too. Not his fault for sending me white ones at all; he was totally great. But I should have made that clear to begin with.

Oct 23, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #1,097 of 1,808
If @TK16 posts a pair of tubes. Buy them! One of the most knowledgeable people I know regarding tubes.
:beerchug:
That 6922 D getter is one of my only remaining 6922 pairs I got left. Not in the same league as similar 50's Heerlen ECC82 or 7316. I usually don't recommend much of the 6922 line anymore. But for the price and testing numbers a fantastic deal that is there. The only Heerlen 6922 variants that are in at least the same ballpark are the 1950's versions. Usually commanding a much higher pricetage.

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #1,098 of 1,808
BTW, if you are looking for adapters, a long-time member of these forums, @Deyan, makes some. He will also make them taller, so they are easier to remove from the LP than more standard, shorter adapters. Dealing with him was super-smooth and fast. My only advice is that you ask if he can make the adapters in black. I got them in white, and wish I had bothered to ask ahead of time. You can also look for other members of this forum that have mentioned him.

The ones you have a made from teflon and they don't hold paint.
There was a shortage of PA6 at the time of building.

Oct 23, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #1,101 of 1,808
BTW, if you are looking for adapters, a long-time member of these forums, @Deyan, makes some. He will also make them taller, so they are easier to remove from the LP than more standard, shorter adapters. Dealing with him was super-smooth and fast. My only advice is that you ask if he can make the adapters in black. I got them in white, and wish I had bothered to ask ahead of time. You can also look for other members of this forum that have mentioned him.
I got a set of adapters from @Deyan -- very pleased. Note that I asked for them to be 'taller' and he suggested 40mm. I asked for 50, which he did. Once I got them, I realized that 40 would have been plenty tall enough. Just FYI.

Oct 24, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #1,103 of 1,808
Oct 26, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #1,105 of 1,808
Any recommendations for the Audeze Lcd-X friendly tubes? The stock tubes sound good with the midrange but it seems to really tame the dynamics of my pair and simmer down the low end quite a bit. My Xcans deliver the dynamics but the midrange isn't as luscious. I've been potentially looking at Reflectors/Jan Phillips e88cc tubes. Was wondering if anyone has experience rolling for the LP with Lcd-X's
I have the Cavalli Monolith LP with cryogenically treated Genalex / Gold Lion 6922 / E88CC tubes. These were purchased from Upscale Audio. The tubes present deep & firm bass, fully “fleshed out” midrange, and extended highs with airiness. The dynamic range is impressive. As an aside, you might also consider the aftermarket LPS-36 linear power supply in lieu of the stock power supply. The LPS-36 really adds heft / weight to the sound of the LP without altering the tonal balance which is excellent. The LP dynamic range is definitely boosted with the LPS-36x

Oct 26, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #1,106 of 1,808
I have the Cavalli Monolith LP with cryogenically treated Genalex / Gold Lion 6922 / E88CC tubes. These were purchased from Upscale Audio. The tubes present deep & firm bass, fully “fleshed out” midrange, and extended highs with airiness. The dynamic range is impressive. As an aside, you might also consider the aftermarket LPS-36 linear power supply in lieu of the stock power supply. The LPS-36 really adds heft / weight to the sound of the LP without altering the tonal balance which is excellent. The LP dynamic range is definitely boosted with the LPS-36x. Oh, and I use Audeze LCD-X as one of my headphones.

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #1,107 of 1,808
I'm curious, I was going through jb77's listing of tubes from way back in this thread - has anyone here ever tried the

Telefunken 6211 [LP] *(very close to specs of a 12AU7)* that is found on tubemonger? on the LP? I saw it mentioned on the Lyr threads that its great for vocals - something I am looking for as currently, that is what is sounding very recessed right now, or if not, this, any other tube recommendations that could help with this? Thanks!

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #1,108 of 1,808
Damn, I received Tung-Sol late '50's 2C51 matched triplets (two for my LP and one for my CTH). Unfortunately, all combos of the three were hiss city on the LP, but all three were whisper quiet on my CTH :disappointed: . I love the sound coming from them. 6922 and 6DJ8 pairs so far have worked fine (the 365mA draw of the 6DJ8 makes me reluctant to use them regularly) and 6C8G and 2C51 pairs have been no bueno for me so far.

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #1,109 of 1,808
Damn, I received Tung-Sol late '50's 2C51 matched triplets (two for my LP and one for my CTH). Unfortunately, all combos of the three were hiss city on the LP, but all three were whisper quiet on my CTH :disappointed: . I love the sound coming from them. 6922 and 6DJ8 pairs so far have worked fine (the 365mA draw of the 6DJ8 makes me reluctant to use them regularly) and 6C8G and 2C51 pairs have been no bueno for me so far.
Exactly which adapters are you using? Link here.

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #1,110 of 1,808
To Sennfan83261: since the LP was designed with 6922s, why not stick with those, 6JD8s, E88CCs, or 6N23Ps...? Worth trying: Genalex/Gold Lion 6922, Philips BEL E88CCs, Siemens/Rohre EC88CCs....some are $$$$....some you can have cryogenically treated...I rotate between these....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back