Liquid Platinum Tube Rollers.
Sep 3, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #1,066 of 1,803
Surely TK16 has some sweet GE's that he might let go............. CHEAP!

Who is going to break it to @ruinedx that when he does settle on a pair of X tubes and is thrilled ..........he will surely need a backup pair! :laughing:

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #1,067 of 1,803
Surely TK16 has some sweet GE's that he might let go............. CHEAP!

Who is going to break it to @ruinedx that when he does settle on a pair of X tubes and is thrilled ..........he will surely need a backup pair! :laughing:

Maybe I should just get the gold pin eh 6922 for fancy looking sake and call it a day

The fact I found ANY equipment combination that is an amazing perfect match for hd8XX is unbelievable. So maybe I shouldn't press my luck for gains I can't even define

Sep 3, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #1,068 of 1,803
I'll tell you what I'll do. I have a pair of Heerlen pcc88(I think) that I sent to @ksorota who's working on my Lite dac 68. You pay the shipping and they're yours. All I want in return is to hear your thoughts.
:beerchug:
Maybe I should just get the gold pin eh 6922 for fancy looking sake and call it a day

The fact I found ANY equipment combination that is an amazing perfect match for hd8XX is unbelievable. So maybe I shouldn't press my luck for gains I can't even define

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #1,071 of 1,803
Hey guys! Any ZMF Verite owners around with a LP? Curious as to what tubes you guys prefer :)

My ZMP Verite closed should be on their way to me shortly, if you give me a bit I will have a better answer for you.

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #1,072 of 1,803
I'll tell you what I'll do. I have a pair of Heerlen pcc88(I think) that I sent to @ksorota who's working on my Lite dac 68. You pay the shipping and they're yours. All I want in return is to hear your thoughts.
:beerchug:
That pair I tested for you and has gear killing shorts and gas? Pardon the gas is mine. :ksc75smile:

Sep 5, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #1,074 of 1,803
Those are horseshoe not D getters. Different lettering and I think those are 60s, but the price is in range. I got my pair from AC over in the Lyr tube rolling thread because they were microphonic in his MJ2. They are not microphonic is my LP or my MJ2.

They do look similar to mine - maybe what they're calling a horseshoe getter is the same as D getter
Les,
Those are horseshoe not D getters. Different lettering and I think those are 60s, but the price is in range. I got my pair from AC over in the Lyr tube rolling thread because they were microphonic in his MJ2. They are not microphonic is my LP or my MJ2.

They do look similar to mine - maybe what they're calling a horseshoe getter is the same as D getter
DRH, would you mind commenting on a comparison between the LP and the MJ2? I just got the LP, and am considering the MJ2 also. Thank you !!

Sep 6, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #1,075 of 1,803
Anyone looking to offload a matched pair of 7730 tubes? Give me a pm. I need a pair for my LP. Thanks.

Sep 6, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #1,077 of 1,803
Sep 6, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #1,078 of 1,803
Yes, I have, but I was told they weren't well matched.
I have not dealt with this seller so I can't say how truthful the ad is. His tester reading are not noted in the E-Bay ad unless someone here bought this pair and returned them? The only thing he says are 'they are roughly 100% plate to plate'. Perhaps tube to tube they are way off but I have not contacted ther seller for this info so I only know what the ad states.

I am buying a single 7730 for a backup in the Pendant that only needs one tube. The seller thought he had another pair left and then found one dead when he tested them. He was going to check another location to see if he had more. If so, I will pass the info along in a PM to you.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #1,079 of 1,803
I purchased 3 pair from the Hong Kong seller a few months ago. Sent 2 pair to TK16 for testing and both tested near NOS. The pair listed now are different construction and the one looks suspect of even being a 7730.
I have not dealt with this seller so I can't say how truthful the ad is. His tester reading are not noted in the E-Bay ad unless someone here bought this pair and returned them? The only thing he says are 'they are roughly 100% plate to plate'. Perhaps tube to tube they are way off but I have not contacted ther seller for this info so I only know what the ad states.

I am buying a single 7730 for a backup in the Pendant that only needs one tube. The seller thought he had another pair left and then found one dead when he tested them. He was going to check another location to see if he had more. If so, I will pass the info along in a PM to you.

Sep 6, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #1,080 of 1,803
I only have one 7730 branded Raytheon Uniline with etched code of BFBA USA and 020 in yellow paint as well as 7730. I will have another later this week branded CBS and will look for differences in plate structure, getter, posts, mica etc. The pair listed on E-Bay do appear to have gold plated pins.

We are dealing with a pretty rare tube type so the changes made along the way may differ and perhaps we haven't seen all the versions. I'm be looking forward to my 7730 arriving for a comparison in sound and constuction.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back