Liquid Gold - 2014
Aug 28, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #256 of 808
Hi

Regarding the gain setting. I will be running the Ether Flow Open and I understand it's low impedance and easy to drive. Therefore, would you recommend I set "Low" for the gain setting?

Please excuse my ignorance here. Oh, can setting high gain cause any damage with the above configuration?

Many thanks in advance.

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #257 of 808
Hi

Regarding the gain setting. I will be running the Ether Flow Open and I understand it's low impedance and easy to drive. Therefore, would you recommend I set "Low" for the gain setting?

Please excuse my ignorance here. Oh, can setting high gain cause any damage with the above configuration?

Many thanks in advance.

I would try all the different settings and see which one you like the best.  Just remember to turn the volume down when switching the gain and then adjust the volume back up to proper listening level. Should be no danger of damaging the headphones following this practice.

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #258 of 808
Agree with BearFNF. I have found that with my LCDs, they do benefit from the high gain setting: more dynamic and transparent. Of course, he is also right: just do be careful on starting from zero and moving your way slowly up the volume knob. :)

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #259 of 808
i will be using my LAu with Hugo TT, can't wait to do a lot of testing :p and also will compare it to WA5-LE v2 (Takatsuki & Elrog tubes)

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #262 of 808
F5 F5 F5...oh uh, ignore me, I'm just just getting ancious about getting my LAu... :D

I have been so busy moving, I have forgotten about the lovely & magical Liquid Gold coming to my new condo :).:). Looks like my venerable Ragnarock will be hooked up to my Gungnir Multibit. If I was not so exhausted I would wagging me tail in anticipation:). :D

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #263 of 808
I have been so busy moving, I have forgotten about the lovely & magical Liquid Gold coming to my new condo
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
. Looks like my venerable Ragnarock will be hooked up to my Gungnir Multibit. If I was not so exhausted I would wagging me tail in anticipation:).
biggrin.gif

Sit down, relax, have a drink, chill to some music, and the next thing you know it will be there.
beerchug.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #264 of 808
  Sit down, relax, have a drink, chill to some music, and the next thing you know it will be there.
beerchug.gif

Im glad Im going on holiday soon. Helps me forget about the whole LAu thing
biggrin.gif

I have been getting some serious listening time in with my stereo speaker system. Will be interesting to compare the LAu setup experience once warmed up!
L3000.gif

Lets see some unboxing pics from the lucky LAu owners to be! 

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #266 of 808
Sep 7, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #267 of 808
Yeah, getting anxious for some Gold!

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #269 of 808
You will not be disappointed. The LAu and the Utopia both faithfully reproduce what you feed them. The imaging with this combination is unreal.

Well I will be if I don't get to hear them together! The Utopia is only a demo, so it'll be gone in about 2 weeks, so unless the LAu shows up before then I won't be hearing them together. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #270 of 808
 ​Originally Posted by bearFNF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Any news for us Warren? 
blink.gif

Originally Posted by goldendarko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

popcorn.gif
, I've got a Focal Utopia coming next week, would love to try it on my new LAu 
L3000.gif

Originally Posted by x RELIC x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, getting anxious for some Gold!

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the first of our final LAu units should begin shipping on September 15th (about a week from now).  
smile.gif

You will not be disappointed. The LAu and the Utopia both faithfully reproduce what you feed them. The imaging with this combination is unreal.

I concur!  
redface.gif
  My Utopia impressions were gathered with a LAu:  www.head-fi.org/t/811270/focal-elear-and-utopia-review-preview-with-measurements-head-fi-tv/540#post_12664561​

Well I will be if I don't get to hear them together! The Utopia is only a demo, so it'll be gone in about 2 weeks, so unless the LAu shows up before then I won't be hearing them together. 

Where did you get your demo pair from?  I might be able to help with getting you a deadline extension on those?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back