Liquid Gold - 2014
Aug 8, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #91 of 808
LCD-2 was a better pairing than the LCD-3? Better sounding overall though still LCD-3 I would assume?

LCD2 was a better pairing, the presentation was too dynamic with the LCD3 for my taste (I enjoyed more the LCD3 on the BA)

It's definitly a matter of taste and about what you are looking for in the musical presentation.

It was the first time I really enjoy the he-6 and the first time I saw one of my grado addict friend who are allergic to the LCD2, spending 3h to listening music with the LCD2 :)

Aug 8, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #92 of 808
For the moment, best headphone matching with the Lau was with a LCD2 and a he-6 (I tried on it also Abyss, LCD3, LCDX, LCDXC, he-560).

Definitly a hugh experience and synergy with this 2 cans !

I see more and more good comments about the HE-6  (assuming one has the correct AMP), so this headphone come back on my radar to complement my TH-900 and Roxane cIEM.

but... before I buy a pair, I am anxiuos that this model will be updated for a new one like the 500 and the 400 just got updated to 560 & 400i.   Any infos about a new HE-6 ? 

Aug 8, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #93 of 808
I see more and more good comments about the HE-6  (assuming one has the correct AMP), so this headphone come back on my radar to complement my TH-900 and Roxane cIEM.

but... before I buy a pair, I am anxiuos that this model will be updated for a new one like the 500 and the 400 just got updated to 560 & 400i.   Any infos about a new HE-6 ? 

He-6 is a superbe headphones on classical and acoustical music. I currently using my TH900 for classical and electro music and LCD3 for all other music style.

It depens in which style you fond your th900 have wickness.

I currently reviewing a he-560 and the he-6 still better in soundstage dimension, speed, airyness. He's definitly sound more refined and polite. He-560 have more weight (you feel more acoustic pressure than the he-6), more dynamite,
frontale presentation, and sometime more sibilant than the he-6. Voice and piano are more natural on the he-6.

I don't know If Hifiman plan to create a new flagship who will take the place of the he-6.

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #94 of 808
Hello folks. I am very happy to say that, as promised, the first Liquid Golds in this summer run will ship out tomorrow, exactly on schedule. Lots of work to get here, but it looks like we made it.

It will take us some weeks to get all of these out, but they will all go out before too long.

Thanks for all of the guys who reserved one and have waited the last 3-4 months to get them.

Aug 15, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #95 of 808
  Hello folks. I am very happy to say that, as promised, the first Liquid Golds in this summer run will ship out tomorrow, exactly on schedule. Lots of work to get here, but it looks like we made it.

It will take us some weeks to get all of these out, but they will all go out before too long.

Thanks for all of the guys who reserved one and have waited the last 3-4 months to get them.

I hope to hear some impressions soon! 

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #96 of 808

Great news!  I'll watch for a shipping update and tracking number.  :)

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #97 of 808
My LAu is truly my #1 Reference Amp in the Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab!

Every time I sit down to listen, I get lost in the tunes. THAT's the mark of a great amp/system to me!
I wrote a review of the LAu HERE at Head-Fi - but my main review is coming SOON!

Had to delay it for all sorts of BS reasons (well, make some money to pay it off first, LOL - and keep the lights on) - LOL
But I'm working on it RIGHT NOW!

I'm going to dedicate a whole column to the LAu - as my cousin Kenny pointed out something about the Liquid Gold and me recently:
He said that he's never heard me so excited about a product - he says I've been more exciteable about the LAu than my Audezes!! 
I never thought I was more excited about anything than my Audezes!

But it's true: Alex you've built such an amazing performer here. I think it sets the benchmark for reference at-home stereo headphone amplifiers!
I LOVE it with any style or genre of music I throw its way: From my favorite underground experimental electronic music to acoustic singer/songwriter stuff - 

The MUSIC becomes the STAR! With the LAu, when I'm listening, I'm not caught up in the gear aspect of the experience - I'm focused on the music.
Actually, it helps my OCD/ADD brain settle - it's like sonic therapy!!

I'll post the column once I got it finished and it's published.
I think I'm going to do this one for Audio360.org.

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #98 of 808
Guy's,

Someone notice a different presentation between the balanced and unbalanced output?

I definitly find the balanced output more dynamic, more in da face presentation and a bit colder sound sig. On the other side, I find the unbalanced output more relaxed, a bit warmer with a laidback presentation. (with LCD3 Fazor and LCD2)

I was hallucinating or I just need holidays?

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #99 of 808
  My LAu is truly my #1 Reference Amp in the Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab!

Mike, your enthousiasm is wonderful and make me laugh :)  I love it
biggrin.gif
  :

LAU is your #1 Reference Amp, but... the HP4 was also your "most musical amp", and the HPA100  the you will keept if only one was possible, and the Studio6, and...

and I am sure that you will get the same excitement if you try an ALLNIC amp or an EddieCurrent 4-45...

tough job ! 
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #102 of 808
  Guy's,

Someone notice a different presentation between the balanced and unbalanced output?

I definitly find the balanced output more dynamic, more in da face presentation and a bit colder sound sig. On the other side, I find the unbalanced output more relaxed, a bit warmer with a laidback presentation. (with LCD3 Fazor and LCD2)

I was hallucinating or I just need holidays?

I don't think you are. My impressions are pretty much that. There's waaaay more energy from the balanced outputs. You'll have to ask runeight can explain better than I, but that's pretty much normal for the LAu which is designed balanced from input->output. Like really and not just an se amp with a 4-pin jack.

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #103 of 808
  Just got my Lau, but don't know which DAC to pair...
any suggestions?
has anyone tried it with the chord qbd76hd?

thanks.....

Yep tried it with the QBD76 HDSD, was very good, it had aspects that I thoroughly enjoyed, it was different to my ALO Studio Six, and ultimately I preferred the SS because I am able to change the amps sound signature according to the tubes that are in it. I like that, I can understand many want an easier solution so the Lau is there for them.

I have been thinking recently of getting the Crimson, not to replace the SS or any other amp I have but because it offered something different and I enjoyed it. 

The QBD76HDSD has excellent tonality and a rock solid bottom end, best to hold off for a few weeks though as a new beast is just about to be released.

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #104 of 808

Yep tried it with the QBD76 HDSD, was very good, it had aspects that I thoroughly enjoyed, it was different to my ALO Studio Six, and ultimately I preferred the SS because I am able to change the amps sound signature according to the tubes that are in it. I like that, I can understand many want an easier solution so the Lau is there for them.

I have been thinking recently of getting the Crimson, not to replace the SS or any other amp I have but because it offered something different and I enjoyed it. 

The QBD76HDSD has excellent tonality and a rock solid bottom end, best to hold off for a few weeks though as a new beast is just about to be released.

I highly recommend the McIntosh D100 - MYTEK Stereo-192 DSD DAC (does everything)
those have been my two faves w/ my top reference - my LAu!

Congratulations!!

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #105 of 808
  Just got my Lau, but don't know which DAC to pair...
any suggestions?
has anyone tried it with the chord qbd76hd?

thanks.....

I highly recommend the McIntosh D100 or MYTEK Stereo-192 DSD DAC (does everything)
those have been my two faves w/ my top reference - my LAu!

Congratulations!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back