Liquid Gold - 2014
Feb 26, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #153 of 808
  http://www.head-fi.org/products/cavalli-audio-liquid-gold/reviews/12648- For anyone interested my review is posted hereon Headfi

link not working for me.

Feb 27, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #161 of 808
That's a solid review Frank. Great reading. Also a great selection of listening tracks for me to explore this weekend on my LAu.

I definitely agree with you about the LAu incredible versatility and honest ability to deliver the goods in a beautiful balanced and neutral manner across all the cans I've tried it with so far; from HD800s, Alpha Primes all the way down the power spectrum to the easier to drive LCD XCs.

Thanks
James

May 28, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #163 of 808
Hey guys, tears on my face now....

Finally I got my dream set up, MacbookPro -> Bricasti M1 -> LAu -> HD800s.

I am so glad that I pulled my trigger on LAu, even without any sort of burning in, it sounds amazing to me directly out of the box. I have not ever heard this kind of energetic, well defined and live sound before on my HD800s, full of joy. It turns my HD800s to very juicy cans, everything coming out from the it are transparent with a full body, the sound stage is huge, it has great dynamics that can play classical to another level, even close to speakers

This is an absolutely END GAME headphone amp for me, done for any upgrade, it makes me do not care anything else, only the music!
If I would continue playing around music gears, my next target must be a sweet pair of speakers, maybe Dynaudio C2 first?
L3000.gif

Thanks Cavalli for the GORGEOUS LAu 
beerchug.gif

Aug 1, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #165 of 808
Hey Guys,

What DAC would you recommend pairing with the LAu?
I was planning on grabbing the Yggdrasil, but I've been told it may not be the best match for the LAu.

Any suggestions?

I'll be getting the Abyss as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back