Linux gapless playback
Apr 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Apolyonn

New Head-Fier
hey guys,

On Windows, I am a huge fan of foobar2000.  Most of the reason why I can't get myself to make a full switch to linux is because I haven't yet found a music player that's on-par with it.

I've been trying out differrent linux music players lately.  I've used DeaDBeeF for awhile, but its lack of a tree-esque browser is infuriating given how much music I have (there is one that someone programmed, but I tried it and it was really cumbersome, huge pain to use).

Anyways, I was warming up to Quod Libet, but I noticed that it doesn't have gapless playback.  Seemed odd, so I thought maybe there was a feature or something that I'd have needed to enable; and couple of other forums suggested that it does, which is kinda starting to bug me.

tl;dr, is there a way to solve this, or would someone care to suggest another gapless player with a decent library viewer.

Thanks a bunch.

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Guayadeque

Clementine

foobnix

I've not tried any of these, just tossing out some I know of.  I know players like Amarok and Rhythmbox support gapless, but I'm not sure they're what you're looking for.

Neither clementine nor foobxnis support gapless playback.  Guayadeque has the option, but the interface is really bloated and it only picked up on like five artists out of the 150 or so on my netbook :\  Maybe I'll just pick up java over the summer and make my own lol.

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 5
Not sure about tree browser, but what about Music Player Daemon as backend and Sonata as frontend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back