Linux Driver for M-Audio Revolution
May 28, 2003 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TimSchirmer

Repelling digital infidels. (Would that be called the Digifadah?)
Are there any known Linux drivers for M-Audio Revolution?

I can't seem to find any anywhere. The card itself works fine in windows 2000, but i can't seem to get it running in Linux.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get M-Audio to develop one, or perhaps find someone that knows how to compile one?

May 30, 2003 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 4
if your using alsa the driver your lookin for is named "snd-ice1724""

ALSA Page on the M-Audio Revolution

if your one of those people who hate alsa and prefer to use oss, I believe that opensound.com has beta commercial drivers for it (though it'll prolly be about $30 or so for them) I'm currently unsure if there any free oss drivers that support it, but I can look if needed.

- Kevin

Aug 4, 2003 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 4
Multi: Yep, AFAIKT it sounds identical. Now, I didn't get an ocilliscope and test it, but it appears to my ears as identical. Just remember to set your player to 24bit; if it's an arts-based player (most kde apps), add "-b 24" to other options in the arts config (control panel->sound->sound system) to instantly change them all.

TimShirmer: Aside from some trouble in getting S/PDIF working (only been trying for ~2hrs, so haven't exhausted google yet), the alsa snd-ice1724 drivers work great. The volume levels are a little confusing, but just experiment (ex: there are two seperate volume controls for each DAC, instead of a stereo-seperated single control per line). I run Gentoo, though, so I'm using the newest version of the package. If you're having trouble setting it up, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back