linksys router buzzing...
Nov 24, 2002 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jessica00

500+ Head-Fier
just got a new router, plugged it in, for all of 40 seconds it was silent, then it started buzzing in a 14-15 khz range (from what ears can tell, and someone actually had the same problem and took a graph of the sound with some program) its kinda annoying.
returning it isnt really an option, bought it used. but in new condition. oh well, it works fine. supposed to just be a faulty power supply in it.
just a warning to anyone not to get older linksys routers
tongue.gif

Nov 24, 2002 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 9
jessica00:

Mine does the same thing. On one hand I'm glad to know it's not a problem with my specific router, but it IS very annoying.

I will say that mine is very quiet about it and I cannot hear it unless the computer is off (dang that CPU cooler) and the a/c or heat is not running. But it is there.

So far, though, I haven't had any problems with the router other than the buzz, and it's been up for about a year and a half.

Nov 25, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 9
jessica: this is "normal" for the linksys router(bfsr41, I presume?)

Its the power supply that's buzzing. with the computer on, I can't hear it. I guess I'll just have to live with it. :-/ What we computer users accept as normal. . .

Nov 26, 2002 at 7:49 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
go team Netgear! go team D-Link!

lol... I want an audiophile grade router for my office!

Nov 26, 2002 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by jessica00
what, a router with a built in cd player and the best DAC available?
tongue.gif

lol... That might work... I was actually just thinking about one the made no noise. (As in zero, zip, 0 dB) Or maybe one that hums at a perfect A pitch so that you can check the pitch of your favorite (or least favorite) vocalist.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back