Linkin Park
May 16, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #61 of 68
I think it's a great album so far. I just got it and, while I think that What I've Done was good, there are better and worse songs on the album. Overall I like the change in direction from the JZ ******** they had before.

May 16, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #62 of 68
The JZ thing doesnt count. It's a totally new direction for the band. And if they keep that direction, unless they really pull their stuff together, itll be their downfall.

May 17, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #63 of 68
i think it was mastered fairly well
you can really hear that low bass in "what i've done"

kinda thrown off by chester and mike dropping the f-bomb and having politically fueled lyrics

yeah, that clap along thing is kinda silly...but i think the sleigh bells in "given up" is just odd

May 17, 2007 at 12:27 PM Post #64 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by AFEnlistee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they lost their anger like you said. they toned down EVERYTHING. they didnt even attempt to push any envelopes. at least on meteora there was track 11 with nothing but instruments. this album put me to sleep. didnt get me fired up. something has to be up with someone. either the band, or their record label. they did have plenty of time and money to produce a decent cd.

I agree 100% LP have gone SOFT!!! I want the old LP back
mad.gif

May 17, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #65 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In an interview in September 2006, Shinoda explained, "When songs are pouring out you don't ever want to stop that. We already have over 100 roughs for songs. We've narrowed it down since but we're not ready to commit to those yet."

And this was the best they could do?

May 17, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #66 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ligeia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And this was the best they could do?

lol. yea... really...

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #67 of 68
Hmmm... I really don't get some of the comments in this tread. I think the new album is fantastic. While I liked the harder LP, I find the new slower songs to be some of the best on the album, and for that matter in their catalog.

FWIW, Projekt Revolution was a great show and LP was phenominal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back