Link to PsyTrance on Ebay (Infected Mushroom)
Sep 2, 2004 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Sphinx

100+ Head-Fier
Sep 3, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 13
Thats cool

I assume you're an Infected Mushroom fan. Which of their styles do you prefer? The classical mushroom style or the new (and soon to take over) style, shown by "The Other Side" on the Converting Vegetarians album?

by the way, I can't wait for their new album, "IM the Supervisor"!
There's 27 more long grueling days until it becomes available for purchase.
frown.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 1:08 PM Post #3 of 13
Ya I own all of there albums. I think I do prefer the stuff on "The Other Side" of there converting vegetarians album. I like all that weird sounding well constructed stuff. I'm gonna snag up that album super quick when it comes out.

Also Juno Reactor is slated to release a new album in October I can't wait for that one either.

Now if only Shpongle would release something new
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #5 of 13
This is probably as good a time as any to finally get around to buying Classical Mushroom, which has been on by WTB list for about four years. ^_^

And Shpongle (or Hallucinogen) better release something new sometime soon, because I'm getting a bit antsy too.

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #7 of 13
I hope they do come out with something new cuz I'm wearing out the CD's I have no and I need something new hehe. I should try to get a hold of that track I havn't herd it..

strohmie, give those albums are try there great. You will happy that you bought them. Get a hold of Converting Vegetarians also.

Sep 4, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 13
Yet another IM fan.. and shpongle and juno reactor etc..

Great to see that there's going to be some new IM and Juno stuff. I remember seeing something on either the twisted records or shpongle site about a new cd but I can't seem to find it again. And yep I own most of the IM/Juno/Shpongle stuff as well (missing the shpongle remixes and trying to find transmissions by juno) been on a bit of a GMS/Talamasca trip lately though.. trying to find a good place to buy their stuff from.

Sep 4, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #9 of 13
In a related note, someone mentioned to me in another forum that Alan Parson's newest CD, "Valid Path," is all electronic and features David Gilmore of Pink Floyd fame, The Crystal Method, PJ Olsen and...you guessed it...Shpongle. Haven't heard it thus far, here's the Amazon.com page for it. Obviously, some of his long time fans are appalled. ^_^

Sep 4, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #10 of 13
LOL, appalled. I always try to make a point of not reading reviews for new albums involving artists I've always liked. I like to buy the CD and judge for myself. I'll definitely check out this album.

Sep 4, 2004 at 2:01 PM Post #11 of 13
If any of you guys buy this album let me know what it's like. I would like to give it a try but would like an opinion on the album first heh.

Sep 5, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #12 of 13
Had the chance to listen to the Alan Parsons CD...from the sound of it, the first track (Return to Tunguska) has to be the one that features Simon Posford...there's no other track that features his signature sound. For that matter, it also might be the one featuring David Gilmour as well with the guitar work featured throughout.

Shock of shocks, it's the best thing on this album by a country mile, at least for my tastes. It's also the longest, clocking in at about 9 minutes. The rest is pretty decent with a bit of a pop-electronica spin, and about half of the remaining tracks are instrumental.

Either way, I'm not sure I'd recommend this fully as a purchase -- listen to some samples if they ever get any on amazon.com or a similar site. Try to check out Return to Tunguska if you're a Shpongle fan, you'll enjoy it. Some of the tracks seem a little tacked on and not fully thought out, but the first track is unquestionably excellent.

Sep 7, 2004 at 9:31 AM Post #13 of 13
I also listened to this album....

I agree with Strohmie that the first track is great, but I also really enjoy the 6th track, L'Arc en Ciel. As a matter of fact I think track 6 is as good as the first. I'll probably buy this CD soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back