Linear regulated power supply for Millet
Jun 24, 2006 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

regal

Headphoneus Supremus
I searched digikey but am not finding a linear regulated power supply. There is a Condor Linear Power Supply 24V .5A but its only $38, is there a better option at Digikey? I want the best power supply offered at Digikey for my Millet.

Jun 24, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal
I searched digikey but am not finding a linear regulated power supply. There is a Condor Linear Power Supply 24V .5A but its only $38, is there a better option at Digikey? I want the best power supply offered at Digikey for my Millet.

You're better of building a STEPS

http://www.tangentsoft.net/elec/teps/

fyi, you are in the DIY forum so of course we're going to make these suggestions.

Jun 24, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 6
I use a Condor HA24-0.5A with one of my Millett Hybrids and it works great- dead quiet. You'll still have to solder things to it, so it still counts as DIY in my book!
biggrin.gif

Edit: e-bay often has good deals on these- I got mine for 10 bucks.

Jun 24, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Jameco (http://www.jameco.com) has what you want - more powerful than the old Elpac, too.

Jameco Part #174861CB or #174879CB, depending on whether you want a 2.1mm or 2.5mm plug, respectively. Both are 24VDC, linear, regulated walwarts at 500ma. The old Elpac was only 300ma, and is no longer made.

I have one, but haven't tried it out yet (need to build a lot) except to measure the voltage - 23.84 volts, no load. I actually got it to power/charge a PIMETA and batteries, but I will definitely try it on the Millett, too.

Jameco is a great place, by the way - same as Mouser/DigiKey with a little less stuff, but a detailed, full-color catalog. They do carry some important things like BUF634's.

EDIT: Oops! Forgot to say that both walwarts are priced at $13.18. another no-brainer for me, at least
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back