Line-Outs?
Apr 16, 2007 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

En_R

100+ Head-Fier
Can you guys recommend a couple? I don't care about the price = just the quality of sound-

The only two I have heard of is the Turbodock V8 (TURBO>>>>where do I get this @T_T@!??!)

and the ALO Cryo Mini- but I preferably just want the DOCK- so I can plug my headphone directly in until I buy my amp--

Is there a list of them somewhere?

Also some recommendations for minicables would help nicely ^_^

Thanks!

Apr 16, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 14
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

What about actual line-out docks though?

Apr 16, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by En_R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank
smily_headphones1.gif

What about actual line-out docks though?

...Dude...they are line-out docks.

Your statement in the starting post: "...I preferably just want the DOCK- so I can plug my headphone directly in until I buy my amp" shows that you probably don't understand what a line-out does. Go check out the mentioned site above and maybe you'll get a better understanding of how line-out capability works.

Apr 16, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #6 of 14
huh .

Most of those are permanently attached to minicables--

while I need a jack which will allow me to attach my own..

But I am quite a newbie -so if you could explain abit more clearly-

I have already been to the site.

Apr 16, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #7 of 14
Okay, here goes:

The line-out has NO VOLUME CONTROL. If you only have a dock, you will be listening through a set volume at a very high level of sound. That us why you need an amp as well, to control the volume and then some. The player (iPod, in your case I presume) can not control the sound level whatsoever anymore through the line-out.

Apr 16, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #10 of 14
To buy anything or find anything out about Turbo products just private message TURBO and ask him anything. He organises all his business over email or private message as far as I know. He has what you want, a line-out dock with a female plug.

Apr 16, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by En_R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
huh .

Most of those are permanently attached to minicables--

while I need a jack which will allow me to attach my own..

But I am quite a newbie -so if you could explain abit more clearly-

I have already been to the site.

If you need a dock that you can attach a cable to, you can either go with the Turbo Dock listed above or there is the Sendstation that has the USB and lineout built into one dock, but it is bigger and does not snap into place.

Apr 16, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #12 of 14
Check the classifieds here, too. There are frequently some nice used cables sold for good prices. (there's an ALO on there right now, for example)

Apr 16, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #13 of 14
THANK YOU zippy ^_^

So now I know 1 more type of dock- and also thanks for everyone who replied about TURBO's products
smily_headphones1.gif
I went to fixup before posting this, but noticed the thread was about 1 year old.... and I had to register there in order to PM him, but then I found out (O)O) he had an account here too -

Mule: the reason I want to find a line-out dock is because after reading a review at 6moons about the redwine imod I understood that my 4 gig ipod could use an upgrade,

I understood that a line-out DOCK (aka USB connector at one end, lineout at the other end) (which should be around 40-80$?) would be cheaper, and achieve almost the same effect.

and (of course) I know the volume can't be changed via line-out
280smile.gif
though I could go check out the DIY forums ... and learn how to add one to the dock (if possible?)..

Anyways- thanks for everyone's feedback-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back