line-out on the iPod vs iPod mini
Aug 12, 2005 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sirnice

100+ Head-Fier
is there a difference in the line-out sound quality between the iPod and iPod mini?

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 4
...I have a G4 iPod 20GB and a G2 iPod mini 6GB. I just tried comparing them by switching back and forth. My configuarion is:

iPod --> PocketDock w/ line out --> Cardas mini cable --> PocketAmp 2 V2 --> UE super.fi 5 Pro's

I'm listening mostly to Rock music that I ripped/encoded using EAC/LAME (ape).

I don't consider myself an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But I do appreciate great sounding music, and I try to (within the bounds of sanity) take steps to maximize sound quality without completely breaking the bank...not sure I'm all that successful on that last point.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Anyway...I cannot discern any apparent difference in the line out for these two DAP's. Hope that helps.

Aug 13, 2005 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 4
I agree withthe above, I can't discern any difference between the two line-outs either. (My wife's comment when I stole her mini to test it was "what's a line-out?")
eggosmile.gif

Aug 14, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 4
The reason I want to know is because the iPod mini is suppose to have the worth headphone out of all the iPod series. So I was wondering the the lineout was the same case. Apparently, the line-out is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back