Line out on Audigy2?
Aug 29, 2005 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

renesis_au

100+ Head-Fier
Hi people,

I am considering getting an amp in the future, but I have read that a line out is recommended for amplification. My question is whether or not the Audigy 2 has a line out option, and if so where do I turn it on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Renesis

Aug 29, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 3
Assuming by Line Out you mean Analog Out, all Audigy 2's have two stereo line out's on the back of the card. They are part of the surround sound out's.

If you already have speakers directly connected to the Audigy 2, then you are already using at least one of the line out's. If you don't care about surround sound, you can setup the speaker arrangement to be mirrored stereo and use line out 1 for speakers and line out 2 to go to your amp. If you are going to use your amp exclusively, you have all kinds of options for stereo or mirrored stereo or surround sound.

Lastly, if you aren't gaming or listening to DVD Audio, the digital out's on the Audigy 2 will give you all the same functions as the analog out's.. if your amp/receiver supports digital in.

Aug 30, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply.

For clarification, by line out I mean the signal bypasses the opamps on the soundcard, or does it mean I just leave all equalization off (which I usually do as well as all the other features).

Thanks again.

Renesis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back