line out interconnect for zune?
Jun 1, 2008 at 5:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nihility

100+ Head-Fier
does the zune use the same line out size as an ipod or no? if not, where could i get a good interconnect for it?

Jun 1, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 7
there is currently no line out cable for the zune, you will have to use the headphone out. there are plenty of places to find mini to mini cables, best bet is to have a fellow headfier build one for you

Jun 1, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 7
thats stupid, why would they put the line out through the amp?

---lame---

more reasons to reconsider, i dont own the zune yet ><

Jun 1, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #4 of 7
guess its not that big of a deal, apparently its better quality than an ipod anyway, so the difference between the zunes minijack and the ipods line out is probaly either really close, or the zune is better, from what ive read anyway.

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 7
IMO no contest between zune and ipod HP out. Zune wins hands down without a doubt. Cleaner, more dynamic and punchier bottom end. I have both the 6thgen 80gb classic and the zune80 the ipod will get sold for sure. Wish there were more accessories for the zune but theres still enough out there for the basics.

Jun 15, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #7 of 7
My understanding is that the Zune needs external power while docked to get a line-out signal from the dock connector. Not practical to do that for portable use because you'd also need to lug around external power that charges the Zune. I don't have a Zune. Just going on what I've read one the web.

The powered dock stations for the Zune do have a line-out. Not sure if they all have a true line-out (proper voltage and no volume change).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back