Line Out for Creative Zen Vision: M?
Oct 26, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout
it's too bad u can't get any cryo/cotton docks for zen

I think Hans (Qables) is the only game in town...well, not my town.
tongue.gif

Of course that is one of the advantages of using an iPod, Accessories galore.

...I plan to buy one:
Qableszendock.jpg

Oct 26, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 16
Oct 27, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shpoon
Ya, was just hoping for a dock -> mini in one piece....is the a/v out a true out, or is only the usb "line out" the real one?

The A/V out is the real deal. I use it with a Cardas mini>mini. I'm getting sick of fooling with it, the fact that it doesn't lock sucks. I've tried using a rubber band to keep it in place but that looks ugly and restricts the use of buttons.

That one pictured is a line out dock>mini in one piece...not exactly cheap but worth it imo if you use your ZV:M everyday for a few hours like I do.

Oct 27, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
The A/V out is the real deal. I use it with a Cardas mini>mini. I'm getting sick of fooling with it, the fact that it doesn't lock sucks. I've tried using a rubber band to keep it in place but that looks ugly and restricts the use of buttons.

That one pictured is a line out dock>mini in one piece...not exactly cheap but worth it imo if you use your ZV:M everyday for a few hours like I do.

Know if they do custom cable lengths?

Oct 27, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shpoon
Know if they do custom cable lengths?

I'm fairly certain that would be possible. I've already confirmed the option of a right angle mini plug vs. the standard straight plug.

Oct 27, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 16
I just went through this decision, and chose to go with the supplied adapter and purchase a good quality interconnect made by one of ou forum members.

I figured that I could get a better quality cable for cheaper (not paying for the cost of the new adapter), and having a cable I could use down the road should I ever decide to go with a different DAP.

We will see.

Nov 7, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
This is Head-fi.com...where your wallet stays open and money is no object!

blink.gif

...if you really mean it
smily_headphones1.gif

Today my Qables LOD arrived! Very nice peice of work. Hans wasted no time doing the special build for me(right angle plug). I think it took about 10 days from ordering it until I received it.

I'd like to post a pic but my only decent cam is away now, my camcorder does not do close-up/low light AT ALL.

The reason I wanted a right angle is to use when I lift weights(w/a belt). The amp I'll be using is the SuperMini IV, which sadly is in Xinland right now. Because the SuperMini gets velcro'd to my belt beside my DAP, the right angle plug(facing in the correct direction) accommodates this side by side positioning.

I don't recommend the right angle plug for use when connecting the DAP to amp as most do(I use Velcro). It creates an awkward bend in the cable which I expected. My get around for this is to use a right angle adapter which in a way converts it back to a straight plug.The adapter is not gold plated and is just a cheap Radio Shack...maybe not a good idea to mix metals huh? and you may ask---Doesn't that defeat the purpose of using a high quality silver cable--- you may be right.

I'd like to say with certainty that I can hear a difference from using the Creative dongle and Cardas mini>mini. I might be hearing at this point a very slight extension in high freq. I have not done any real testing yet and have only listened with my E4 which I'd been listening to for 7 hours prior to getting the LOD. Of course this silver cable is new...should I expect a change ? ? - stay tuned
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 16
Hi
Do you think it would it be possible to use this cable to make a audio line out for a vision m so I can plug it straight into a little dot micro amp.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/30-PIN-Dock-Connector-Audio-Video-Cable-fr-Zen-Vision-M_W0QQitemZ110054982535QQihZ001QQcategoryZ86541QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.com.au/30-PIN-Dock-Connector-Audio-Video-Cable-fr-Zen-Vision-M_W0QQitemZ110054982535QQihZ001QQcategoryZ86541QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/URL]

Just remove all the plugs, shorten the cable and solder the audio L/R cable into a 3.5mm mini (disregard the video out). Then you wouldn't have to use the dongle and a seperate cable. Do you think this would work? It would be a LOT cheaper than the cable from Qables ($17 aus verses over $80 aus for the Qables) (probably not as good a quality cables though) It even looks as though the connector locks in place.

Nov 18, 2006 at 8:49 AM Post #14 of 16
Well I purchased one and will see how it goes. I will post again to tell how it works out, I'll add a photo too.

My link didn't work but the ebay seller I bought it from is called "Summit Image Store" and the part is called a "30 PIN Dock Connector Audio/Video Cable for Zen Vision M" if your interested.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back