Line Out Dock 4 iPod Touch 2nd Gen
Sep 1, 2009 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ibis99

100+ Head-Fier
Who is making a reasonably priced LOD for itouch 2nd gen. My original Sik-Din does not work.

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 12
Define "reasonable" ALO has several but they're in the $100 range. Work on both Ipod and Itouch. Another peep started this same thread elsewhere here on the forums.

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 12
"Reasonable" is not $100

Sep 1, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 12
didn't think so, but I have the same question as you: where doI find a dock that will fit both an ipod and the itouch?? the LOD needs extreme flexibility because of the low profile of the touch, yet also needs to flex to account for the profile of the ipod.

As Alice said: Curiouser and curiouser

O I see in your sig you already have an ALO dock. So you are used to their quality.

Sep 2, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 12
I was thinking of a Sendstation Pocket Dock.

I need to edit my sig as all of those items are now gone. (Edit signature, all items previously listed were stolen)

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 12
I use a Pocket Dock Line Out USB with my iPod Touch and it works fine. The good thing about it is it seems much more secure and reliable than the other LODs I've tried.

The downside is it is bulky and requires the large USB connector.

They now have a mini-USB version listed on their web site and indicate it is smaller. I have one on order, but it isn't here yet.

If the mini-UBS dock works as well as the original, it should be pretty optimal IMO.

Note, I'm using the Cardas 6" mini-to-mini available at headphone.com and it works really well with this setup due to the dual right angle plugs.

Also note, I only occasionally use the USB power, but it does seem to work. Although you can add a bit of noise with the external power from power line sources.

-john

Sep 3, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #9 of 12
dont recommend iBasso, he doesnt like the company since he has a theory that they dont ship to the us, u c

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dont recommend iBasso, he doesnt like the company since he has a theory that they dont ship to the us, u c

I didn't say they don't ship to the US. I said they take too long to ship to the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back