Line out cable of iPOD ???
Oct 6, 2003 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ari

500+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys !!

This could be a solution (with some DUYing) for a line out cable for iPod 3rd gen.

I did email then asking about a "possible" new direct line out cable product. I'll let you know.

This would be nice for using ipod without deck on mobile life...

Best

Ari

EDIT : Is there one already? Am I wasting time?

EDIT 2: The title is Line Out for iPOD. I can't edit the subject

Oct 6, 2003 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 5
I took a look at one of these the other day. Actually, it is not a true line out on the Belkin auto kit -- it is amplified by the device and even has adjustable volume. Why in the world this is needed in a car is beyond me, but it's part of Belkin's design.

I assume someone will make a true line-out adapter for the dock connector soon, as it seems to me that there is plenty of demand for one in the auto market. We'll see.

--Chris

Oct 6, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 5
I have one of these and it is amped. I took it apart and thought about "modding" it. It would be nice to have a portable dock.

Oct 7, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 5
Guys !

Belkin's answer !!

Subject: iPOD Auto Kit Question

Part # F8V7058-APL

Dear Sirs.

On the iPOD Auto Kit you conect the cable at the dock terminal. So, my questions are:

a) There, do you get line out signal or headphone signal?

[John Soriano] You will get pure line out signal from the dock connector of the iPod.

b) Is there any Belkin product (cable) that delivers line out signal from iPOD (not using the dock)?

[John Soriano] The only products we have are the FM Tunecast Transmitter and the Cassette Adapter. These 2 items can be connected via the headphone jack of your iPod. I have also attached an iPod solution sheet for you to check out our other iPod Accessories.

Oct 7, 2003 at 8:59 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm new to the iPod jargon. When I wrote "line out," what I meant was I connected to the top 3.5mm connector, without using the remote/cable thingy. It still thus used the amplifier and the internal volume control, just that I adjusted it via the front panel (since no remote present).

Technically, that isn't a line out at all. So, probably I'm using the term wrong. What I'm not so sure about is if others are making this mistake too. ;^)

Truly, a line out from the dock connector should sound better, assuming that it is able to drive a cable and amplifier input impedance adequately. I'll be interested in you'se guys' experiments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back