Limited Edition D-311 on eBay
Jun 27, 2005 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Ripley

100+ Head-Fier
Oh my, oh my:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...784272547&rd=1

The seller is asking for $499 for a minimum bid!!!
eek.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 15
Way, way, too over priced. You can find a limited edition D-311 with all papers and box in excellent condition for $200 on Ebay, you just need to have the patience. However, the cigar humidor he also has for sale would make for a nice amp enclosure.

Jun 27, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 15
Seriously, there is no difference between the standard D-311 and the limited edition D-311 except for cosmetics and exclusivity of saying I have a limited edition one. I own both version of the D-311 and they both sound the same.

Jun 27, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 15
Wait a minute...I see what's going on now, warubozu. You're secretly the seller, flatlinej, selling your superfluous Limited Edition D-311 for a huge profit, aren't you? After all, you just admitted to owning one and that it sounds identical to your other (standard) model...Hm....[rubs chin contemplatively]

tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripley
Wait a minute...I see what's going on now, warubozu. You're secretly the seller, flatlinej, selling your superfluous Limited Edition D-311 for a huge profit, aren't you? After all, you just admitted to owning one and that it sounds identical to your other (standard) model...Hm....[rubs chin contemplatively]

tongue.gif

Nope, not me at all. There is a difference between selling for a profit and robbing someone blind.
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #11 of 15
This is definitely over-priced, but I consider it to be one of the best discman available. The D-311 have no problem driving the HD-580 when I tested it. I remember like the D-311 out more than the original Xin Super Mini. Again, that is my opinion.

Jun 28, 2005 at 9:28 AM Post #13 of 15
I wouldn't even pay 10 bucks for a portable cd player nowadays, no matter how limited edition it is...
I mean in the age of mp3 (or lossless even) players where you can listen to a crapload of songs without needing to play discjockey there's no need to make things more complicated than they are. Portable has to be comfy.

Jun 28, 2005 at 10:47 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
I wouldn't even pay 10 bucks for a portable cd player nowadays, no matter how limited edition it is...
I mean in the age of mp3 (or lossless even) players where you can listen to a crapload of songs without needing to play discjockey there's no need to make things more complicated than they are. Portable has to be comfy.

take also in consideration still many vintage cdp surpass hdp ( karma and micro in my list ) when it comes to sound quality ; I have no doubt about it , even on a low budget you can buy better portable or transportable sound quality ( ex. Panasonic ct470/570/some Philips , and others )

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
d211 hp out betters d311 hp out

Agreed...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back