Lime Ears Pneuma - discussion and impressions
Dec 29, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #61 of 114
Wish I could afford the custom version though

Congratulations

Custom version have better definition on bass and more rumble on sub-bass. Treble are less brighter and have higher contrast.

I chose Pneumy and not other CIEM/IEM like Sony IER-Z1r, Noble Audio Khan, Final Audio A8000 because:
1) Have natural and technical sound with an outstandingly revealing
2) Bass are awesome, because have powerful, deep, very well-controlled sub-bass. Z1r have powerful, deep sub-bass to, but he is too slow and too boomy for me. Mid-bass have punchy, quickly decay. This combination of two different drivers (DD and BA) and their linearity give pleasure to listening soundtrack music like Hans Zimmer, Sawano, etc. and classic music like Symphony Beethoven, Wagner.
Combination on treble, because lower treble to 5 kHz have aggressive presentation, above 5 kHz treble are smooth and clean. This is very nice, because we haven't sibilance and sharpness, but we don't loose details and energetic, crispy sound in lower treble.
3) Stage is rounded and multi-dimensional, this is very good especially for live album.

Dec 29, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #62 of 114
Congratulations

Custom version have better definition on bass and more rumble on sub-bass. Treble are less brighter and have higher contrast.

I chose Pneumy and not other CIEM/IEM like Sony IER-Z1r, Noble Audio Khan, Final Audio A8000 because:
1) Have natural and technical sound with an outstandingly revealing
2) Bass are awesome, because have powerful, deep, very well-controlled sub-bass. Z1r have powerful, deep sub-bass to, but he is too slow and too boomy for me. Mid-bass have punchy, quickly decay. This combination of two different drivers (DD and BA) and their linearity give pleasure to listening soundtrack music like Hans Zimmer, Sawano, etc. and classic music like Symphony Beethoven, Wagner.
Combination on treble, because lower treble to 5 kHz have aggressive presentation, above 5 kHz treble are smooth and clean. This is very nice, because we haven't sibilance and sharpness, but we don't loose details and energetic, crispy sound in lower treble.
3) Stage is rounded and multi-dimensional, this is very good especially for live album.

I´m still getting used to them, as I was used to the Aether CIEM, which due to blocking more outside noise gave me a sense of more bass, etc and allowed me to be more focused on the music.

Maybe i need to do some tip rolling, i´m using the Symbio´s cause they give me more that custom fit although not the same level as a CIEM, they still block more outside noise than the other tips that came with the Pneuma

Dec 30, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #63 of 114
I´m still getting used to them, as I was used to the Aether CIEM, which due to blocking more outside noise gave me a sense of more bass, etc and allowed me to be more focused on the music.

Maybe i need to do some tip rolling, i´m using the Symbio´s cause they give me more that custom fit although not the same level as a CIEM, they still block more outside noise than the other tips that came with the Pneuma
If youre getting less bass reaponse than on the Aether R then do the tip Rolling. Pneuma has noticably more bass than the Aether R

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #64 of 114
Yes, Pneuma have more bass, sub-bass and mid-bass, you have like @rev92 wrote tip rolling or the sleeve is too thick for the ear canal. For me universal version have too thick to put perfection on my right ear canal.

Dec 30, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #65 of 114
If youre getting less bass reaponse than on the Aether R then do the tip Rolling. Pneuma has noticably more bass than the Aether R
Already ordered a pair of azla sedna xelastec tips, will start with these as most say good things about them in terms of noise isolation

Dec 30, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #67 of 114
Wish I could afford the custom version though....

What you meant "Wish I could afford the custom version though...."? Custom version and universal version have the same price, 1800 Euro.

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #68 of 114
What you meant "Wish I could afford the custom version though...."? Custom version and universal version have the same price, 1800 Euro.
I´ve bought the Pneumas 2nd hand.

Dec 30, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #69 of 114
Very thanks for answer. I wish you nice listening and find the best tips for you.

Dec 30, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #70 of 114
Day 2 with the Pneuma, and I’m now sold to them!

The bass is here, sub bass, soundstage, detail retrieval, it’s all here.

Swapped to the symbios L, and after some adjustment I almost have the perfect seal, there’s still some outdoor noise that gets through.
I only use inears when I’m not at home, I always use them at the beach, and I can still listen some waves crashing that sometimes distract me from my blissful music....but hey these are not customs, so hats off for Lime Ears, theyve done it again!

I’ve spent the last 4 years with the Aether in custom form, and I can see myself spending the next 4 years with the Pneumas!

Dec 30, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #71 of 114

This is only Lime Ears Pneuma. Good you find almost perfect tips.

Dec 30, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #72 of 114
Day 2 with the Pneuma, and I’m now sold to them!

Swapped to the symbios L, and after some adjustment I almost have the perfect seal, there’s still some outdoor noise that gets through.
I only use inears when I’m not at home, I always use them at the beach, and I can still listen some waves crashing that sometimes distract me from my blissful music....but hey these are not customs, so hats off for Lime Ears, theyve done it again!

I’ve spent the last 4 years with the Aether in custom form, and I can see myself spending the next 4 years with the Pneumas!

Hey! I'm guessing you have bigger ear canals than average, so try them with squishy bigger foam ear tips like INAIRS which come in 3 sizes IIRC. The medium or probably large size will fill up your ear canal really well. They also keep the fit extremely comfortable for long durations. As for silicone ear tips, you can try Azla Sedna. They are the most snug and comfortable for me with Pneuma out of all the silicone ear tips I have.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #73 of 114
Hey! I'm guessing you have bigger ear canals than average, so try them with squishy bigger foam ear tips like INAIRS which come in 3 sizes IIRC. The medium or probably large size will fill up your ear canal really well. They also keep the fit extremely comfortable for long durations. As for silicone ear tips, you can try Azla Sedna. They are the most snug and comfortable for me with Pneuma out of all the silicone ear tips I have.
Yes i have bigger ear canals, i´m guessing that if Symbios had an XL option that would be the best fit for me.
So for now i will try the Azla Xelastec once i got them, and last route if not happy with the Azlas, would be to try the Inairs!
Thanks for all the recommendations!

Jan 9, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #74 of 114
@Fsilva you find a good tips for you? And what do you say after two weeks of use?

For me the Pneuma are still revealing, especially on bass, highs tone and holographic. For example when I listening songs Archive band the high tones attracted the most attention, because they were so clear and smooth, the holographic are amazing on their song.

Jan 9, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #75 of 114
@Fsilva you find a good tips for you? And what do you say after two weeks of use?

For me the Pneuma are still revealing, especially on bass, highs tone and holographic. For example when I listening songs Archive band the high tones attracted the most attention, because they were so clear and smooth, the holographic are amazing on their song.
I´m still using the Symbios W and loving it, although i´m still waiting to receive the azlas...

Today i started to use the PW Audio No10 (before i was using the Pneuma with the Penon OS849 and i think that it was messing up the overall signature) feels like a new iem now!!
Bass feels more defined and predominant now, so i guess i will stick with the PW Audio for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back