Lil Wayne
Feb 10, 2008 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

wa77ss

New Head-Fier
I have been listening to his Rap for a while now, but just recently getting into his really old stuff.

Right now I have "The Block Is Hot", and I think its almost better than anything else of his I have heard.

Lights Out is just sick!!!

Anyone else like Wayne?

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 11
I deff woudnt say his old stuff is his best. Right now hes at the top of his game (well not for much longer, if you know what his situation is). But i cant stand the kid much anymore, hes oversaturaed the market with his music. Hes on every mixtape, and the cover lol.
But he never really makes his OWN music, he just spits hot verses over someone elses songs. Thats why i cant respect the kid to much, but i do respect his drive and determination to be the best. But i dont think youll be hearing much about him over the next year musically

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I deff woudnt say his old stuff is his best. Right now hes at the top of his game (well not for much longer, if you know what his situation is). But i cant stand the kid much anymore, hes oversaturaed the market with his music. Hes on every mixtape, and the cover lol.
But he never really makes his OWN music, he just spits hot verses over someone elses songs. Thats why i cant respect the kid to much, but i do respect his drive and determination to be the best. But i dont think youll be hearing much about him over the next year musically

What happened to him?! Get in trouble with dope or something?

Most of his new stuff is so repetitive and his rhymes are at times completely dumb. His old stuff is almost like Bone Thugs, but better.

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #7 of 11
He's just someone I can't get into. Some of his tracks are good but most don't show that mad skill that's out there right now. In Canada, quality hip hop is only a stone's throw away so maybe I'm just spolied. He's like 50; a couple of awesome tracks but the rest just kind of blur together for me, not a good sign for when I'm trying to find good hiphop. But I follow mrdead; to each his own.

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #8 of 11
Living in the south, I gotta love him.

But whoever said it is right, not only does he make an appearance on every single southern rap CD that gets put out (EVERY ONE, even up-and-coming guys that don't have any other notable guests), but he even makes appearances with northern rappers (Ja Rule, Juelz, Kanye).

If he gets the chance to put out The Carter III, I think it could have grammy potential, to be honest. From the mixtape he put out this past fall "The Carter III Sessions," it sounds like he's putting a couple different emotions into his music now. On The Carter II and previously, he is not very dynamic, and he spends the entire album bragging about his superiority, but in this new(er) mixtape, he raps about a number of different things and uses vastly different beats than he's used to.

Plus, if he spends any time working with people like Robin Thicke again, he will do a lot better than most of southern rap.

I like the guy. He's not my favorite rapper, but he's close.

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's just someone I can't get into. Some of his tracks are good but most don't show that mad skill that's out there right now. In Canada, quality hip hop is only a stone's throw away so maybe I'm just spolied. He's like 50; a couple of awesome tracks but the rest just kind of blur together for me, not a good sign for when I'm trying to find good hiphop. But I follow mrdead; to each his own.

Lol of course theres better rappers than Wayne. But no one works harder than him to be the best, he wants it and he was gonna get it.

Rappers like mrdead are underground for a reason, he prob got mad skills. I got respect for the underground, but really theres a reason their underground. Im from Canada iv heard some of the underground like Shad and Classified and ****, but i cant **** with that everyday, not that i can Wayne either lol.

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #10 of 11
I put the fact poeple like other rappers than me behind me long ago. So it's all good. I'm open minded enough to listen to gangsta rap, and every once in a while strike gold. I was talking about mrdead the poster above me; is he a rapper too? And what canadian rappers name is getting caught in the filter? I can't imagine.

Feb 13, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #11 of 11
I never liked anyone on Cash Money, even after they broke up and went their seperate ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back