Like WA6. Love WA5. WA4?
Mar 13, 2008 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
I know there have been many threads on the Woo amps and I have seen others ask a similar question on the WA4, but I've yet to see a response where someone heard most of the line-up. So I'll ask again. Can anyone quantify the WA4 within the line-up (including WA2) or against the MPX3/Extreme or similar price range options from other manufactures? If so which phones were primarily used?

Mar 13, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 10
Subscribing to this thread
tongue.gif
I'm also interested in WA2 and WA4's sound. The WA4 is TC however I heard opinions saying it's rather neutral (even more than WA2), not warm and euphonic like one might expect of a TC amp.

So: _ WA4, WA2 _ / _ Extreme, MPX3 _ = _ ?

May 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 10
Bumping for interest and for the me-too participation experience.

May 13, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 10
Bumping this because I was about to buy a WA4 (and still might). However, I'll be in NY this summer and have arranged with Jack Wu to come by the listen to the line-up. I'll let the community know what I find/hear/buy.

May 13, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bumping for interest and for the me-too participation experience.

me three

May 13, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmwwhats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bumping this because I was about to buy a WA4 (and still might). However, I'll be in NY this summer and have arranged with Jack Wu to come by the listen to the line-up. I'll let the community know what I find/hear/buy.

That should be a great experience. I look forward to what you hear. Please take images!

May 13, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #9 of 10
I was thinking about bringing a camera, but I wasn't sure how Jack and crew would take to that. I'll ask him if he doesn't mind, and if he doesn't I'll post pics with my experience... I'm sure it'll benefit the headfi community... we should get someone to give us a tour of Single Power's facility too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back