Like Norah Jones?
Feb 25, 2003 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kentamcolin

1000+ Head-Fier
I guess this is a sort of public service announcement. If you like Norah Jones, try to find a CD by the group "Once Blue." They got some radio play with a hit called "Save Me," but I recently heard that the group broke up. It's acoustic music with guitar, drums and upright bass, and recorded quite well. Rebecca Martin sounds very similar to Norah Jones, and this is still one of my all time favorites even after 7 years, and is the one I have given as a gift most often. The disc is out of print, but I have seen it used on amazon. When I first got the new Norah Jones' CD, my wife thought Once Blue had a new release.

I first heard the group when they performed at a local "Borders" book store. I was on my way home from an Indy Car race at Elkart Lake and remembered the promotions and stopped in with my son. He was 5 years old and still remembers it.

Just goes to show you the very best investment you can make is to spend time with your kids, they'll remember it forever.

Regards

Oct 19, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 4
17yr Resurrection!

Oct 19, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 4
17yr Resurrection!

Yah, I realized after the fact and I couldn't seem to delete it so I added the zombie thread comment. I was searching for music "like" Norah Jones, qualifiing that query with the instrumentation: Acoustic Piano, upright bass, shakers, brushes, acoustics slide guitar, etc. Norah must be out of vogue considering my search brought up a 17 year old thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back