Like every respectable head-fier...
Jan 16, 2007 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Rick Hunter

100+ Head-Fier
I've built my own headphone stands, using some wooden kitchen paper holders, and brass sticks meant to hold drapes.. total spent $10
biggrin.gif

dsc04265ot9.jpg

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 13
Very nice! I should do something similar.

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 13
Not bad. I use a modified coat hook for about the same amount, but your solution is nicer.

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice, indeed ... but wouldn't a Head-Fi realist have planned for an extra "arm" for a fourth pair of headphones?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I already have 6 pairs
rolleyes.gif

BTW the single can stand can be turned into a dual stand very easily, just need to slide out the short brass stick and slide in a longer one I have lying here so that it protrudes from both sides
icon10.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already have 6 pairs
rolleyes.gif

BTW the single can stand can be turned into a dual stand very easily, just need to slide out the short brass stick and slide in a longer one I have lying here so that it protrudes from both sides
icon10.gif

Mmm - I have done that before.

Here's the problem:

(HD-650) (K701) (QC3) [MIDDLE OF HEADPHONE STAND] (Triports) (GS-1000) (DT-880)

Let's just say for the purposes of this exercise that you brought a clueless young blonde home. You're showing off your cool headphones and she goes:

"WOW - YOU HAVE BOSE HEADPHONES!!! YOU'RE SO COOL!!!"...

... the moral of the story is that if you want to reach into the inner headphones, you have to remove the outer ones first.

Jan 16, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #10 of 13
Looks good! Beats the heck out of my two metal coat hangers bent into crude shapes and stuffed under my stereo components above my computer.

....well; there IS plastic tubing to protect the headbands.
tongue.gif

I'll have to do something similar soon, as I'll need someplace to hang a third set of phones, and I've only got stereo components for two.
mad.gif

Very Good Job!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #11 of 13
i heard coffee mug holders and banana holders also work wonders. i may have to look into that. placing my headphones onto napkins on my desk isn't necessarily a healthy thing to do =P

Jan 16, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #12 of 13
I gotta do something like this as well. My Stax 'phones are a bit sensitive to dust though... so I'd need to cover them with a bag or something.

Right now I keep mine in a box that has a cut-out for the cord. It works okay but is a bit cumbersome to say the least.

Jan 16, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #13 of 13
"I already have 6 pairs
BTW the single can stand can be turned into a dual stand very easily, just need to slide out the short brass stick and slide in a longer one I have lying here so that it protrudes from both sides"

That's great -- good to know you've thought these things out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back