Lights Canadian singer/songwriter, anyone know and like her? Poll and discussion
Feb 9, 2012 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

ostewart

Reviewer at Sound Perfection Reviews
Formerly affiliated with HiFi Headphones
Anyone here like Lights? I personally love her music and think she's amazing, and has an amazing voice, and smile.

check her out if you havent heard of her.

discuss what your favourite song of hers is and other general discussions about her.

my favourtie is Cactus In The Valley acoustic.

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #2 of 15
I like her, but her music is kind of hit and miss for me. Some of it is actually really good, surprisingly so, but some of it is really terrible. For example the songs off her new album with the rappers in them.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 15
yes thats true, some of her songs are not great. I really like her acoustic versions she puts on youtube.

Whats your favourite song?

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 15
well cactus in the valley is really good, also the songs above. Toes is also quite good, and i love february air.

Check her out, she's not for everyone.

Regards

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #8 of 15
I have the exact same problem with her that I do with Owl City, which is appropriate given that they've done some work together.  Some of the songwriting is really cool, and I love a lot of the synth work, but her vocals can drive me up the wall, they're just way too cutesy.  I've seen people lament that she doesn't do enough acoustic + vocal material, but that's exactly what I don't want, personally. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #10 of 15
thats true, but i prefer lights to owl city. I hardly listen to owl city.

Its true that light's acoustic videos and music are much better than some of her normal stuff. But the synths and things are really good on a few songs.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #11 of 15
I wish they could take the instrumental mixes of their songs and then have people like Imogen Heap or Andy Bell overdub the vocal lines, and then we'd have magic.  I think Owl City's "Galaxies," for example, is an excellent electropop song for testing bass impact, treble sparkliness, and soundstage, but I just wish someone else was singing the melody.

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #12 of 15
just listened to Galaxies, really good song, and its true that his vocals are not the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back