Lightning specific IEM's
Sep 19, 2016 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

incubusfc

New Head-Fier
I've been searching on this site for a lightning cable specific thread, but haven't found one yet. I'm in line to get the new Iphone, so I'd like to get a new pair of headphones/IEM as well. So I'll get it started.

So far, I've been drooling over the Audeze iSine10/20's. I think they look pretty neat, and from what I've read so far they will sound really good as well.

Does anyone else have any that they know of?

Hell, maybe we should put links up for replacement cables as well.

Oct 2, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 11
iphone 7 will come with a lightning to 3.5 converter, dont just limit yourself to "lightning enabled earphones"

but if thats all you want i think audeze are the only ones that make them.

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #6 of 11
Watching this with interest..

Rumour that Shure will release a lightning MMCX cable

FiiO i1 coming soon which looks interesting - https://www.samma3a.com/en/blog/fiio-x1-2nd-genration-a5-q5-iphone-7-i1-cable-and-if3-headphones-and-more-was-released-in-autumn-event--305.html

Dec 14, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #8 of 11
No there's a crap ton more.

And why use some crap converter that will degrade quality?
Where is your info that it will degrade quality coming from? The Apple Lightning to AUX adaptor houses a dac, which being isolated from the rest of the iPhone components, now doesnt suffer from the signal noise and honestly has potential to sound better, although the difference is surely negligible.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #10 of 11
Not to be an *******, but where is your info?

When you have more connections, you have more places to likely fail and more places to degrade quality.

I HIGHLY doubt there's a dac in this thing. EDIT - after a quick search there is a dac In there.

I can tell you from personal experience that my adapter is starting to fail already. It's not that good of quality and the lightning side is not strong enough for its size. If it was .1" shorter then it would be perfect.

I would much rather have a company with more audio experience make a better dac and not put it right at the plug end.

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #11 of 11
Not to be an *******, but where is your info?

When you have more connections, you have more places to likely fail and more places to degrade quality.

I HIGHLY doubt there's a dac in this thing. EDIT - after a quick search there is a dac In there.

I can tell you from personal experience that my adapter is starting to fail already. It's not that good of quality and the lightning side is not strong enough for its size. If it was .1" shorter then it would be perfect.

I would much rather have a company with more audio experience make a better dac and not put it right at the plug end.
I've read the last sentence about 5x times now and I'm still not sure what you want Apple to do.
My own adapter is working fine, yes, flimsy, and a bit too long but you do have to give them credit for it being small profile. Like heck, you couldn't even tell there was a DAC in there(not that anyone could without prying it open). I do agree the lightning side could be stronger but thicker cables bend less easily and the CCK cable which is sturdier and thicker is rather unwieldy.
Do keep in mind that this is essentially an external DAC(assuming they use the same DAC of past iPhones that was in the phone aka pre-iPhone 7, the DAC of iDevices have been proved, by proper measurement, to be high quality) that has to be supplied to every single phone produced, and the unit itself isn't going to be super high quality. Of course, I'm not saying they went above and beyond to supply it, because they most definitely should have given that they removed the headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back