Lightest player with MicroSD card or dual with WIFI for streaming etc
Aug 12, 2016 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Rixsta

100+ Head-Fier
Hi
Im going traveling soon and I will rely on solar power and a lightweight player to keep me sane, last time I went I had the Sony NWZ-A17, nice little player apart from not being able to sort ID tags plus the sound on my girlfriends Samsung Galaxy sounded better!

Just wondering what opinions are on lightweight player with MicroSD card capability, preferably 2 slots which can handle in the future 128 + and higher cards! 

I have 2tb of music so one day want to bring it all with me.

Cheers

Aug 20, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 9
Ok so so far ive found the

Ibasso DX80
PIONEER XDP100R
Audio-Opus Opus #1
ONKYO DP-X1
ACOUSTIC RESEARCH M2

Im leaning toward the ONKYO due to hearing people having less troubles with it and also loving the sound quality, everyone says it sounds better than what they previously had.

Aug 20, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 9
How soon will you be traveling?

Not yet released, but claimed to be within the next couple of months:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816385/shanling-m1-an-ipod-nano-competitor-dap-usb-dac-usb-transport-bluetooth-4-0-aptx-dsd

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #7 of 9
Hey thanks a lot, both look good. I remember the Sansa, not sure if it has a file limit on it.
Have decided will go up to around 200g weight max

The Shanling looks great, we will be traveling next month not sure where yet maybe hawaii, whats interesting is that instead of get hotels we prefer to live wild and camp in tent. its become a way of life that we love!  so solar panels for charging it is!

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #8 of 9
  Hey thanks a lot, both look good. I remember the Sansa, not sure if it has a file limit on it.
Have decided will go up to around 200g weight max

The Shanling looks great, we will be traveling next month not sure where yet maybe hawaii, whats interesting is that instead of get hotels we prefer to live wild and camp in tent. its become a way of life that we love!  so solar panels for charging it is!

If you do hit the file limit on the sansa you can always rockbox it which removes said limit.

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #9 of 9
Thats a good idea, I think if I go for ultra light over the other players ill go for the Sansa.. it seems a nice little player.

Ive narrowed the search so far down to this type of player
PIONEER XDP100R
ONKYO DP-X1

Must have Wifi and dual MicroSD (not essential)..the only downside I have found to those players are battery aparenlty not replaceable but never mind if the battery dies it dies lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back