Life of a Dubstepper
Jan 20, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #46 of 56
Soundcloud tells me it doesn't know you, is the link correct? Also, did you download the music from soundcloud or did you purchase it?
Hey, sorry. I changed my soundcloud name to MedicalPartisan

Sorry about that! I would say that 90-95% of those particular tracks were downloaded legally from soundcloud by the artists who produced them. Also, if on mobile it may tell you that I have no liked music, it's a soundcloud glitch. Just click the likes tab again.

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #47 of 56
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/696074/life-of-a-dubstepper/30#post_10156484 layout=inline]Whats up guys. Hey amigomatt, I saw your post before you edited it and I don't know if your going to look at this thread again to look at this answer but I figured I would just give one anyway. Dubstep is honestly not for everyone but there is sooooo many sub genres that it is pretty hard not to like any of them unless you just have a hate on all electronic music in general. Dubstep is a genre of music that actually takes talent to mix, not like some pop such as Beyonce or Miley cyrus or other rubbish that just uses a TON of audio tune. I can't force you to like it and its very difficult to give you a solid answer about why you should like it or why other people like it. It is good to some people for the same reasons that you like other genres of music. Another reason that I am actually a victim to is the amount of bass that dubstep has. Some people can argue that a lot of rap or hip hop can have just has much or even more bass than dubstep but thats not the point. The point is all the other sounds and not just the same beat over and over and over again ( at least not in hard dubstep/brostep/trap) mixed in with the bass. But, I guess what I am getting at is that you either like dubstep, or you don't. Its all your choice. I hope this helped you out some. [/CONTENTEMBED]
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/696074/life-of-a-dubstepper/30#post_10156484 layout=inline]      Anyway, i also wanted to mention some of the stuff that Tj elite is posting. I really appreciate the sort of eclectic and obscure stuff. I agree with what capn slow said before me about liking all sorts of new stuff and its great not to here the same stuff over and over again as there is just so much more to listen to. Make sure to keep posting and I really appreciate all the feedback and new jams. Peace out.[/CONTENTEMBED]
Hey mate, I deleted what I wrote because I realised it was a knee jerk reaction and quite unfair of me to dismiss a whole genre like that. I love all sorts of music and music is my life and profession. I'm an open minded musician and when I wrote that post it was late and I'd been out on the beers, so again, posted before thinking.

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughtful reply and just want to say that I hope I didn't offend anyone!

I just find the admittedly limited amount of dubstep that I've heard to be quite samey, unimaginative and a bit crude in production.

If you can be bothered, hit me up with what you think I might like. I'd like to hear something well thought out and produced, that has some subtlety and scale to it! I'll most probably listen on my HE400s or my new NAD VISO HP50s.

Take it easy!

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #48 of 56
Hey mate, I deleted what I wrote because I realised it was a knee jerk reaction and quite unfair of me to dismiss a whole genre like that. I love all sorts of music and music is my life and profession. I'm an open minded musician and when I wrote that post it was late and I'd been out on the beers, so again, posted before thinking.

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughtful reply and just want to say that I hope I didn't offend anyone!

I just find the admittedly limited amount of dubstep that I've heard to be quite samey, unimaginative and a bit crude in production.

If you can be bothered, hit me up with what you think I might like. I'd like to hear something well thought out and produced, that has some subtlety and scale to it! I'll most probably listen on my HE400s or my new NAD VISO HP50s.

Take it easy!

Very cool man, very few people (especially on the interwebz) are willing to admit they posted too soon or willing to look at someone else's point of view!   Much respect.

Here's a few to get you started that I think are very friendly to someone new to the genre.   And BTW, I used to HATE dubstep as well.   I do mean hate.   It's grown to become one of my favorite genres.   I recommend sticking to Liquid Dub and Liquid DnB starting off so you realize Dubstep isn't as harsh as you might think it is.   Then once you get used to the style and the subbass you might find yourself yearning for more.    Or you might find you just flat out don't like it all but much respect to you for giving it a try.

Liquid Dub / Ambient (in other words, the dubstep "wub" isn't as harsh and far more subtle)

One of my favorites of all time...

Dubstep / Melodic Dub
Seven Lions is probably my favorite but since someone already posted Velvetine here is one I haven't seen posted here or in the big EDM thread.   The dubstep in this one is more pronounced but it doesn't rely on it for most of the song.

Club Banger Dubstep

Dubstep (with a dark ambient twist)

Pure Dubstep ...and pure evil on good headphones where the whipping sounds like it is whipping my brain, not so good with PC speakers

Personally I think it is easier to adjust to Dubstep with Liquid Dub and Liquid DnB.   

Liquid DnB

DnB

Sorry to the OP for posting DnB in a Dub thread but my reasons are above.   Sorry :frowning2:

Feb 1, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #50 of 56
  I think DnB is fairly close to dubstep anyway. Thanks for the post. 

As an avid melomane, there's something about the composition of DnB that irritates me. The repetitive "boom clat, boomclat; boom clat, boomclat" just doesn't do it for me. I am not, however, arguing that they are somewhat similar. But loving almost every other sub-genre of EDM, I don't like DnB. 

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #52 of 56
As I've said I'm pretty dry on more things to share but I bought the "Freestyle2" album on iTunes Store today and it features both of these tracks.

Edit:
Oh I guess there's this beauty as well. It's a free download on SoundCloud to boot (link in the video description).

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #53 of 56
  I think DnB is fairly close to dubstep anyway. Thanks for the post. 

No prob :)

As an avid melomane, there's something about the composition of DnB that irritates me. The repetitive "boom clat, boomclat; boom clat, boomclat" just doesn't do it for me. I am not, however, arguing that they are somewhat similar. But loving almost every other sub-genre of EDM, I don't like DnB. 

While I don't relate I can totally respect that.   Not everything is going to speak to everyone and certain sounds will always irritate some more than others.

Hmm Skream puttin out new music again,,, nice

any word on a return of L-Wiz 

No clue on L-Wiz but ya glad Skream is getting back into it.

You saw this website right:   Freeizm.com

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #54 of 56
Cool to see noisia and Koven being mentioned in the thread. Here's a remix by the german meastro's phace and Misanthrop (AKA neosignal)

And this young lad is absolutely killing it; Joe Ford:

And some mental neurosteptrap or something :D

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #55 of 56
Long time no see, fellow head-fiers!  Great stuff as usual everyone.  amigomatt, great to see you back. I couldn't agree more with Niteblooded, much respect for the comeback.  You mentioned subtlety and scale, I think these might fit the bill...
All from the Deep Heads dubstep channel, specializing in deeper and more chill dubstep.  Here's a great sampler, the first tune has a bit of trap snare in it https://soundcloud.com/deepheads/sets/deep-heads-dubstep-vol-1
'Extrapolated' is a huge sub-bass rhythm https://soundcloud.com/deepheads/mateba-extrapolated-free
And saving the best for last, a massive tune and one of the most chill songs imaginable, 'Somnium'  https://soundcloud.com/deepheads/congi-somnium-free-mastered

May 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #56 of 56
Hello everyone! I am cypher309 and I'm a huge dubstep/DnB/chillstep fan here's a few things I like. Hope you enjoy !

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XzH6oLs23_s

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6PhkfhKqh3w

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BMeUqYGSgDE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JRftXCiqfQ8

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DzyKSyLavUY

This is just some of my stuff I'm still downloading new stuff everyday and looking forward to people posting up more to expand my dubstep collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back