"life music" iem's
May 30, 2011 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

vcjha

New Head-Fier
I'm sure many of you are very familiar with joker's gigantic but helpful thread.  He said something that stuck with me pretty good regardless of the fact I now try to listen to every single detail when I hear music:  "There are many out there who claim that analytical earphones are antithetical to music enjoyment – that they cause the listener to hear the earphones and not the music." The thing is I want iem's that allow to listen to music the way it was meant to be heard.  I then searched for something to convey somewhat what I was trying to say.  The following is the thoughts from a post of fellow head-fier who raved about the Rudistor RPX-33. 
1. BLACK background. A black black hole.

2. totally clean and CLEAR window onto the sound.

3. Hefty SLAM and grinding, pounding, full bass. TIGHT, TIGHT, TIGHT bass. This amp has a rock-hard GRIP on the sound.

4. Creamy, THICK quality. Firm, "present" sound. Very high "palpability" factor. You *feel* all the sounds as much as you witness them. Sounds tickle and excite the ear. This is a highly INVOLVING sound. You are called out from the side-lines and asked to boogie, which you will do with reckless, joyful abandon.

5. Sound comes to LIFE. It breathes, and seethes, and surges. It bubbles and errupts without losing shape or getting muddy or blurred or fraying at the edges. POWERFUL sound, incredibly FIRM and ROCK SOLID.

6. Absolutely non-fatiguing sound WITHOUT rolling the high frequencies. As I love to do, you can CRANK this amp up HIGH without harming your ears at all.

7. Totally OPEN and inviting. There is no "veil" or fog between you and the performers. YOU ARE THERE.

8. ORGANIC and NATURAL sound. It sounds just like life. This amp is anything but "THIN", reedy, spindly, or anemic. It's FULL, ROBUST and COMPLETE.

9. Deep, wet, and liquid sound. This is the antithesis of dry, digital, arid, analytical sound.

The key points in it are "it sounds just like life," "full, robust, complete," "deep, wet, and liquid sound."  "this is the antithesis of dry, digital, arid, analytical sound," and finally most important, "YOU ARE THERE."  Also remember, that I am looking for an IEM to produce this without an amp, which doesn't make sense, but I can't afford an amp and an IEM lol.  I know this might be a letdown for some of you who pride in an analytical head, but again all I want to be able to do is listen to music the way it was meant to be, the way life meant it to be. 

So what I'm asking is 1.  Can somebody please explain me the kind of sound I'm after or put it into a few words?  I definitely am confused yet never been so sure in my life. 
2.  Can somebody recommend me the best sort of headphones to convey what I'm after, and also one in the $200 or less range and one in the $100 or less range?  Thanks to anybody who replies and I hope somebody understands what I'm after. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back