Life is GOOD!
Dec 5, 2003 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BDA_ABAT

1000+ Head-Fier
No, not an audio related post. Just wanted to share a pretty nifty feeling.

It's December, there's snow falling here in Baltimore, and things are really just lovely.

Last night, I fired up the grill. This is not an unusual occurance. What was remarkable was the use of brand new grill grates! Now, this may not sound too exciting, but it really was a joy to throw some rib eye on the preheated grill and have the steaks sssllliiidddeee right off, leaving beautiful marks on the beef with no sticking. For those that love to grill but are struggling to clean nasty old grates, making this one, fairly inexpensive change was very worthwhile.

When preparing the steaks, was using decent knives that had just been sharpened. For a terrific knife sharpener, check out the Chef's Choice 100. Can be had from Amazon for $45 (click here)
Using a freshly and well sharpened knife can make cooking prep a totally different experience... no effort, just let the knife do it's thing. WOW!! What a difference! Didn't realize that my knives had gotten that dull.

When I checked the mail last night, received a note from VW that a part had been found faulty in my particular model and year car. They were offering to replace it, or, if it had already been replaced, that they would reimburse the cost for purchase and installation of the part (mmm.... we had recently replaced the part). Wahoo!!! $400 I didn't know I had (at just the right time)!!! The only extrodinarily minor down side of this news was that my wife was there when opening the mail. So, no new equipment for me... she has other designs on the cash.
biggrin.gif

So, why am I feeling so good? Grill grates? Sharp knives????Donno. Maybe it's because I'm taking the time to enjoy the little things. Perhaps it's because I'm getting older. Maybe it's because things have been, ummm, "challenging" over the past several years at home, but are starting to turn around. Or all of the above. Who knows. Am just gonna do what I can to enjoy the moment.

Hope everyone else is taking the time to enjoy themselves, their families, and their good fortune.

Happy holidays!!
Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back