Life is good when...
May 30, 2009 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

tattoou2

Headphoneus Supremus
we can forget our troubles for an hour or two, close our eyes to the cares of this world, not concern ourselves with headphones and amps, and simply listen to our music.

For me, today is dedicated to Keith Jarrett. His The Köln Concert is absolute genius.

We are indeed a fortunate group. More than the gear, the striving for that perfect sound, what seemingly is the glue that brings us together is the music, each in our own way and liking.

Yes, life is good. I am humbled, exhilirated, pensive, and emotional when I consider myself fortunate enough to enjoy this 'relationship' with listening.

Excuse the rambling, friends.

May 31, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 20
Yes, very well put. The music is what matters most. I'm totally addicted to music...so many emotions are brought to light for me through music.
beerchug.gif

May 31, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #6 of 20
in an ideal session of headphone listening, time can cease to exist and all mental baggage and issues go bye-bye for the time being and the music is alive and you're in "the zone" truly ... it doesn't happen everytime I listen but here n there and it's "Ahhhhh yes "

Jun 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 20
Yes, it's almost as though you become the music. What a wonderful feeling to just let go and become completely immersed, one with the music!

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 20
Yes...what is so unique is that your love of music is like a private sanctuary. It's all about you and the band(s).

Anybody else get goosebumps listening to certain passages of music?? THAT'S where I find music to be such a personal, almost spritual hideaway.

Jun 1, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes...what is so unique is that your love of music is like a private sanctuary. It's all about you and the band(s).

Anybody else get goosebumps listening to certain passages of music?? THAT'S where I find music to be such a personal, almost spritual hideaway.

Definitely! While listening to Keith Jarrett for practically the entire weekend, I was in such absolute awe it did become a spiritual experience and those goosebumps were in abundance. I have seven of his CD's and rotated them constantly.

Perhaps these 'spiritual' experiences we encounter while listening are only a glimmer into something we mortals cannot fathom.

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #11 of 20
Yes... Beauty is like that, if we will, rewarding to the appreciative beholder becoming "One".

~
smily_headphones1.gif
~

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #13 of 20
Yes yes yes - life is good while listening to music
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Life is good when you have to sell a Rega P3 to buy a stupid ring that does nothing:wink:

Congratulations!

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #14 of 20
Life is good just sitting back drifting away within the music until your wife comes in with a look of disgust and wants an explanation of what this new bill received is. It just so happens it is for the ------ which is what you bought to help you drift away into the music so life can be good. Ironic huh.

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Life is good when you have to sell a Rega P3 to buy a stupid ring that does nothing:wink:

Heh Heh, you'll learn. That ring has MAGICAL powers, trust me. Congrats, by the way
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back