Life expectancy of Kenwood HD MP3 Player internal BATTERY
Feb 19, 2008 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dhc0329

Headphoneus Supremus
Can I please ask the owners of older HD player models (HD20GB9, HD30GB9, HD10GB7, etc) how long you had the players and if you have any problem with the internal battery yet?

I thought I read in Kenwood FAQ page that these batteries will withstand 500 full charges. Not sure what it meant by "full charge" but I am curious how long this unit will last with the original batteries. Kenwood said the customers can send in the unit to replace the internal battery once it's depleted but it wouldn't be an easy task to send it back to Japan. There must be a place where you can get these batteries replaced here in US. Any idea?

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 5
I've the HD30GB9 since april-07, and i haven't experimented any battery issue until now. Because i had the same questions as yours about battery's life, i can answers with this : battery from what i've read seems removable but i still have to found where to get a replacement one.

I'm thinking about asking to Kenwood directly... Maybe bluetin could help, i'll ask.

That's another question, but i'm thinking about replacing the hdd byt flash memory. I wonder if anyone as already study this mod.

EDIT : I forgot to tell you that i listen to my player about 11~13 hours a week with one full charge so 500 charge cycles would mean about 8-9 years of life expectancy. But from what i know about lithium-ion batteries, i work with Delphi R&D for my studies 3 years ago, we should expect more than 4-5 years.

Feb 20, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we should expect more than 4-5 years.

I would have to agree as my logitech rechargeable wireless mouse is still going strong after about 4 years. But if this player is being charged via usb, every connection to your PC could be considered a charge or partial charge (?). Wonder how this will effect the life of battery.

Jun 18, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 5
anyway to buy a backup battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back