Life after D2
Sep 6, 2012 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

manuel venator

New Head-Fier
Hi guys.

Until a few weeks ago i was the happy owner of a rockboxed Cowon D2. Life was good and my and my buddy were having a blast but then, out of the blue, my dear old friend died in a tragic accident. Since then i´ve looking for a trusty companion to fill the void left by beloved D2.

My requirements are simple - yet Dap software designers around the world seem to think otherwise:

Good battery.

A fairly sized screen; not that im interested in multimedia - only music, its just i pretend my new dap to doouble as a car music player, hanging from  windscreen like a gps and connected via line to my autoradio.

The chance to create skin themes: i dont want cover art or any of that ********. Just song, album, artist in a big, big font, as big as the screen allows - for the same reasons explained above (car use)

The ability to play folders.

Gapless & crossfade - this is key to me since I like to mix for fun and crossfading gives me a good idea wheter two "choons" are gonna work togheter, etc - plus i hate silence between tracks :)

And thats it. Am i asking too much? Are those crazy features? 
So, what you say folks. is there anything out there, somewhere (open to single dpas or android+app combinations), that could give this old, lonely man a good companion for his late days? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back