license plates
Feb 14, 2003 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 17
Gee, I dunno....Michigan's solid blue with plain white letters and numbers is pretty artistic and exciting.
wink.gif

Audio&Me, you know of a page that has photos of all the different state plates?

Feb 15, 2003 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 17
new york's changed recently from the statue of liberty and i hate it. it's really sad, i saw them for years and years (remember the pan in ghostbusters 2?) in movies and tv and visiting, but i never got to own a car with one. now it's some ugly mountainscape with painted blue letters. oh well, at least my custom plate is the best one in ny..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 15, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 17
NJ has some of the ugliest plates.
tongue.gif

Georga and Florida were nice from what I remember of them.
I'll have to check what they look like now.
I didn't know NY changed plates.
I liked the liberty plates.
frown.gif

Feb 15, 2003 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman
NJ has some of the ugliest plates.
tongue.gif

Georga and Florida were nice from what I remember of them.
I'll have to check what they look like now.
I didn't know NY changed plates.
I liked the liberty plates.
frown.gif

most of my friends know my feelings on why new jersey plates are yellow..
very_evil_smiley.gif

yeah, the liberty plates were awesome. florida's is neat with the orange and georgia's peach is cool. california is the only state that has cursive writing on the license plate. um.. yeah.

Feb 15, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #7 of 17
Utah, Oklahoma and New Mexico. Pennsylvania's Wild Life Plates (Dolphin, Tiger,...). New Mexico because of the colours - no one else comes close.

Feb 15, 2003 at 2:16 AM Post #8 of 17
The Cali plate with the poppies is great, but no longer available.
frown.gif

I got DAYCART over a scene from Yosemite...not too bad. I also like the Cali plate with the whale, but there should be more constrast between the shades of blue.

The other states I've lived in (NY, PA, WI, IL) have stupid plates. I also dislike the New Hampshire: "Live free or die!!!"

Feb 15, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #10 of 17
I don't know of any such pages, I'm just going off memory while looking at these things during road trips. I hate Maine's new plate, the lobster was way cooler even though I hate lobsters, same goes to the NY plates.

I saw a red plate with white letters one time, that was awesome (red is my favorite color), didn't catch the state though.

The standard cali white plate blue letters red cursive california is pretty nice also, "pimp".

My favorite has got to be US Navy, I was driving a duty vehicle and I was untouchable, uh what speed limit? US Gov plates don't have the same respect unfortunately, but you can still do what ever you want, it's just the local civilian "authorities" will bug you for stupid ****.

I think the UK has the baddest plates, just a thin white one with big black letters, if you have a mean ass ride, it makes it look even better.

Feb 15, 2003 at 8:54 PM Post #12 of 17
New Mexico's plates!!!!!

Why? Because I've always had more fun when they were on my bikes/cars. They didn't mind when I cut down my motorcycle plates, either. The DMV in Tularosa was always laid back and made it very easy to register "challenging" titles.

Plus, they don't have a front plate. Every time I hear the reason for a front plate, I wonder who really owns the car.

Feb 15, 2003 at 9:52 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by rohorn
Plus, they don't have a front plate. Every time I hear the reason for a front plate, I wonder who really owns the car.

What is the purpose of a front plate? Oregon makes us have one up front but I have no idea what purpose it serves, other than to screw up the look of your car.

Feb 16, 2003 at 11:36 AM Post #15 of 17
I love that NWT plate. I don't remember seeing any of those in '76 when I was up there.

I saw an Hawaii plate the other day here in eastern Oregon.
eek.gif

I bet that was a heck of a drive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back