LG V60 ThinQ smartphone
May 1, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #406 of 486
Just a update. Lg has still not offered any way to fix this. It isn’t affecting everyone but it is affecting a lot of people on android 11, 12, and 13. What’s annoying is there is no real rhyme or reason to it. I will say MANY of the people who say theirs is working fine end up realizing they weren’t checking correctly using a wired connection and with quad dac engaged. But others are checking correctly and seemingly don’t have the issue.
Some have it happen after 30 seconds like the person above. For others like myself, volume control doesn’t work immediately after the screen goes off.

As far as the other questions. You can supposedly try an adb prompt to use the volume buttons as track selections. I tried this and it never worked right (and I have successfully used adb on other devices). It would sometimes work but other times not. And overall it was just wonky. I wanted to at least use the Google button as a “next track” but that wouldn’t work either.

I am going to be selling my whole v60 setup with the dual screen as Lg doesn’t seem to be offering any timeline on a fix or even act like they working on it. Waste of a perfectly good device otherwise. If it actually worked it could be amazing. But between the volume buttons, lack of Ldac support for certain devices, and lack of ability to easily setup an external “next track”. This device won’t work for me at all. I need all of those functions to work at all times.

If I had one on android 10 I would NEVER update that sucker.

Do you have a Quick TLDR of what the Issue is or Link me to the Post #? I have a V60 coming on Wednesday. so I'm assuming LDAC BT doesn't work?

May 1, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #407 of 486
Do you have a Quick TLDR of what the Issue is or Link me to the Post #? I have a V60 coming on Wednesday. so I'm assuming LDAC BT doesn't work?
I have no issues with LDAC using my Qudelix 5K and Shure Aonic 50. I get 990kbps automatically per the Qudelix app without messing with developer options. Also no issues with aptX Adaptive using B&W Px7 S2, Px8 and Senn MTW3. Think the issue may be with specific devices as the above poster noted. I have a T-Mobile V60 on Android 13.

Volume control issue only happened to me after a recent Android 13 update (Android 12 was fine for me) but I rarely use wired anymore anyway.

May 2, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #408 of 486
No issues with LDAC using V60 paired with BTR7 or Gryphon. I'm pretty sure the volume control issue happened after the Android 13 update. If your's isn't on 13 out of the box, I'd suggest you hold off on updating it i.e. if you plan to use it as a music player.

May 2, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #409 of 486
No issues with LDAC using V60 paired with BTR7 or Gryphon. I'm pretty sure the volume control issue happened after the Android 13 update. If your's isn't on 13 out of the box, I'd suggest you hold off on updating it i.e. if you plan to use it as a music player.
Volume issue started with android 11 and has persisted through 12 and 13. Some intermittent updates along the way seem to correct the issue and others break it again but which updates fix it and which ones break it is unknown and seems random for different phones. Aka one update may fix one persons phone and break someone else’s.

The issue in general though, persists on all carrier models, however not every phone suffers from the problem, and some will do the thing where it takes 30 seconds or so after the screen is off before the volume breaks. Others it’s as soon as the screen is off.

Ldac issue is much more specific to certain receivers and devices. I’m using a ifi zen blue. There are other known devices that also will not allow Ldac. It’s incredibly annoying for instance that my cheap blu dento bluetooth receiver brings up the “hd audio” options, while my much nicer ifi won’t do anything but aptx adaptive.

It seems many wireless iems have their own apps and there are workarounds that can be found online that have been figured out when other people ran into connectivity issues on some iems. For the ifi zen blue and several other receivers and a few iems, there is no workaround.

I bought two separate phones and have tried android 11-13 and for me the volume and Ldac issue persisted in ALL scenarios with both (brand new) phones. It’s been absolutely infuriating.

Lg continually responds as if they are going to help and get me connected to their software development team, full admitting they know these issues exist, and then will basically say there is no way to contact the developers or tech dept directly or get me in touch with anyone who can actually fix the issue and instead offer me a replacement phone which is how I’ve now tried two brand new phones that both had the same exact problems.

May 2, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #410 of 486
If yours comes with android 10 praise whatever god or demons ya like and leave it. Try to figure out how to block auto updates. If it’s on 11 and you have the issue… keep trying each update and testing after each one. Maybe you’ll get lucky. I didn’t. Tried probably 15 versions/updates and all did the same thing.

And remember you can’t downgrade or at least not easily. There does seem to be a way to downgrade an update or two with a whole lot of effort but it risks bricking the phone and from what most people say, cannot get you all the way back to android 10 without increasing the risk of bricking the phone to the point it’s not worth it.

May 2, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #411 of 486
Verizon v60 USA version, unlocked, ~98% new, delivered to UK, failed crossflashing (my first ever fail, lol) and re-flashed with verizon android12_v30e_vzw_us something, got 5G signal, weak, slow speeds, and i think it is connecting to 4G, and 5G icon is deceiving, not real 5G. But i love music over v60, i love all vxx series quad dacs :V Anyone noticed Hidizs s9 pro usb-dac working on v50 Korean version, but not on v60 Verizon version?

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #413 of 486
I am planning to move from V50 to V60 256 GB internal memory. Can all V60 models be updated to android 13? On the V50 I am on android 12 and I think this is the last update they will provide.
Planning to use the phone on every day needs.
It looks like all the V60 models have recieved the Android 13 update. Some thing to note before you move to the V60, currently there's a bug where the phone is unresponsive to volume controls when the screen is off and volume controls start working as soon as you unlock the phone. If that is important to you then maybe look at alternatives. Other than that, I'm using V60 as my daily driver and it works really well and gives me ~2-3 days of battery life depending on the usage.

Jun 1, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #414 of 486
It looks like all the V60 models have recieved the Android 13 update. Some thing to note before you move to the V60, currently there's a bug where the phone is unresponsive to volume controls when the screen is off and volume controls start working as soon as you unlock the phone. If that is important to you then maybe look at alternatives. Other than that, I'm using V60 as my daily driver and it works really well and gives me ~2-3 days of battery life depending on the usage.
Thanks, much appreciated. I will start looking for a V60 256 GB.👍

Jun 11, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #416 of 486
Darn it. Volume control on my device was working fine until....... I upgraded to Android 13 today. Should've left it alone.

Jun 13, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #420 of 486

Users who are viewing this thread

Back