LG V60 ThinQ smartphone
Jan 16, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #361 of 482
i am a casual audiophile and would like to get lg v60 as a dap . I have oneplus 9 on the side as a phone .
Is it worth getting for 230 usd in 2023 ? I have sony nw a 55 but really want all in one device for streaming as well as local flac playback

Jan 16, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #362 of 482
I like balanced sound with tight bass and have qkz hbb khan,salnotes dioko and salnotes zero

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #363 of 482
i am a casual audiophile and would like to get lg v60 as a dap . I have oneplus 9 on the side as a phone .
Is it worth getting for 230 usd in 2023 ? I have sony nw a 55 but really want all in one device for streaming as well as local flac playback
LG V60's weakness is that the sound signature is not as rich and warm as more expensive DAPs. It's strength is that it has a huge battery that lasts forever, fast snapdragon processor and fast Wifi. One of the things I'm trying right now is to have a DAP for each genre of music, so I can just grab a player with the type of music I want to listen to on it. One DAP will have rock/metal, another electronic/ambient, another classical or jazz, etc.

Because of it's fast Wifi and long battery life I think the LG could be used as a streaming device to find and discover new music so you can download the FLACs and put them on your other players.

Jan 16, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #364 of 482
I used LG phones for several years b/c of the built-in audio, until I had to switch to Verizon and they don’t support LG. I use a Samsung S21 with Poweramp player and Usb-c Dac dongle for great sound. PowerAmp has a great EQ that doesn’t distort. I also have a couple of sub-$100 portable amps if I want to push my Grado SR325. It doesn’t have to get expensive to get good audio on a phone — I don’t want to carry around several devices.

Mar 17, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #365 of 482
I use my v60 as my daily phone and it does everything for me. I use it for music a lot, sometimes Bluetooth and sometimes through the headphone jack. It's usually a noisy enough environment I can barely tell the difference between this and something better or worse but it does sound really decent at home with my sr60 or Sony MDR -7506. My only issue is I need to replace the headphone jack as it's worn and the plug pops out really easily when I'm moving around.
Luckily I have a parts v60.

Mar 21, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #366 of 482
I use my v60 as my daily phone and it does everything for me. I use it for music a lot, sometimes Bluetooth and sometimes through the headphone jack. It's usually a noisy enough environment I can barely tell the difference between this and something better or worse but it does sound really decent at home with my sr60 or Sony MDR -7506. My only issue is I need to replace the headphone jack as it's worn and the plug pops out really easily when I'm moving around.
Luckily I have a parts v60.
Bro ,how do the Sony headphones 7506 sound ? Balanced or neutral ?

Mar 22, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #367 of 482
I have two Case-Mate LG V60 clear cases, one NIB complete with screen protector, the other lightly used. I'll send them to a Head-Fier in the US who'd get use out of them, just for the cost of shipping. Let me know if you'd be interested. If I get more than one, I'll do a drawing for who gets it.

I ended up returning my battery-bulging V60 and filing a chargeback as the seller wouldn't refund me and wanted to send another junk phone. So no V60 for me, I ended up with a Pixel 7 Pro as a daily driver phone.

Mar 23, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #369 of 482
My bulging V60 battery has been extracted from the phone...having switched to Samsing Fold I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of trying to replace it vs just buying a decent dongle.
It depends on you, do you want an AIO device without an extra DAC hanging by your phone's side and draining the battery or not. The V60 is just as good as a budget dongle DAC. You'll need to invest in slightly higher priced DACs like BTR7, Hip-DAC2... for a decent upgrade.

Mar 24, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #370 of 482
Bro ,how do the Sony headphones 7506 sound ? Balanced or neutral ?
They sound great to me. I'm not the one to describe the sound as I don't necessarily know what the original sound is supposed to be...and my only really decent headphones are these and the Grado sr60. I just bought them based on reviews from people who know better than me.
I'd say depending on the music sometimes I like the sr60 better, other times the 7506.

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #372 of 482
Is the V60 SQ on the level of some entry/mod tier DAPs like Hiby R5 or Shanling M3X/Ultra?
Newer models like the R5 Gen II & M3X Ultra are going to outperform the V60 in sound quality by a decent margin.

The V60 sounds fairly detailed and clear but it's one weakness is a lack of soundstage depth which effects layering and overall makes it sound a bit flat.

I find that V60 performs on a similar level to portable DACs like BTR5 but, it can't beat slightly expensive gear like BTR7, Hip-DAC2...

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #373 of 482
Having serious issues here. I purchased a renewed V60 (verizon android 12) on amazon. I returned it. Partly because it wouldnt let me use LDAC and partly because in hifi/quad dac mode the volume buttons wouldn't work if the screen was off. It basically stores your volume presses in a que and then the execute when the screen is turned back on.

I purchased another one in even better shape. This time a tmobile on android 11.

Same exact issues. I did a fresh reset and did not restore it from a backup.

Can anyone help me out? These are two integral functions for using this as a dap which is the only reason I purchased it. I wont be using it as a phone. Halp!

Mar 28, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #374 of 482
Having serious issues here. I purchased a renewed V60 (verizon android 12) on amazon. I returned it. Partly because it wouldnt let me use LDAC and partly because in hifi/quad dac mode the volume buttons wouldn't work if the screen was off. It basically stores your volume presses in a que and then the execute when the screen is turned back on.

I purchased another one in even better shape. This time a tmobile on android 11.

Same exact issues. I did a fresh reset and did not restore it from a backup.

Can anyone help me out? These are two integral functions for using this as a dap which is the only reason I purchased it. I wont be using it as a phone. Halp!

Mine use Verizon with this rom. no issue on volume control while screen off.
1680011639838.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back