LG V60 ThinQ smartphone
Jul 22, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #256 of 482
I want the best sound using my cell as a streamer

for portable use the best I came across and still using is v30/40/60 -> Fiio Q5C-TS (balanced)
+ if you want to use your cell phone as a usb streamer
+ if you need a tad more juice to power hungry cans

I've used other setups dac amp combo and dongles ,
but nothing can match this for sound quality

I rarely use still v40 alone as DAP ( only when I am on max portability and do not want dongles or extra carry around )

+ a good app to find the best match for desired sound signature is Hyby Music
it offers 12band eq + a powerful software sound processor ( another eq ) which allows to finely tailor a sound in some "department" of sound and possibly come closer to what more suits a taste or another

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #257 of 482
Add me to the list of users of the V60, got mine this past Tuesday and playing around with it. I was considering buying a FiiO M11 Plus LTD to up my music player game as I've been using an iPod Nano for years, but I had to upgrade my phone so went with the V60. I then tried an online test to see would I be able to hear the difference between 320K MP3 and FLAC (https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality), turns out only 4 of the 6 I could hear the difference so I believe I made the right decision with going with the V60 instead of buying a dedicated DAP. I couldn't hear the difference in the Jay-Z and Coldplay tracks on the site and the others, I really had to listen hard to really tell the difference.

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #258 of 482
Add me to the list of users of the V60, got mine this past Tuesday and playing around with it. I was considering buying a FiiO M11 Plus LTD to up my music player game as I've been using an iPod Nano for years, but I had to upgrade my phone so went with the V60. I then tried an online test to see would I be able to hear the difference between 320K MP3 and FLAC (https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality), turns out only 4 of the 6 I could hear the difference so I believe I made the right decision with going with the V60 instead of buying a dedicated DAP. I couldn't hear the difference in the Jay-Z and Coldplay tracks on the site and the others, I really had to listen hard to really tell the difference.
what headphone are you using?

Sep 14, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #260 of 482
I love this phone for streaming Amazon HD. It is really cheap compared to other high end DAP but so much capable. Connecting it to a DAC/AMP and you are getting so much more than a DAP.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #261 of 482
Has anyone noticed their V60 defaulting to aptX HD instead of LDAC when using bluetooth? This is happening with both my Qudelix 5K and Aonic 50. Going into Developer Options everytime I connect is getting very annoying. They both default to LDAC with my OnePlus 8T. Very frustrating and not sure why it started doing this. Used to default to LDAC on the V60 as well.

Edit: disregard. I uninstalled Qudelix and Shure apps, unpaired, restarted all devices, paired again and enabled Best Sound Quality again. After trying a few times it is working normally again. Defaulting to LDAC and I am happy again. Not sure what went wrong.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #262 of 482
For those of you using a dual screen case with your V60, if you are looking for a screen protector for it, I just put one of these on it and am pretty happy with the results (although it is a bit expensive). I was previously using an extra regular V60 screen protector that didn't fit but did its job and sacrificed itself as the phone fell out of my car.

Looks like this company (Photodon) does custom screen protectors and someone on Reddit had sent in the measurements for the case. The screen protector fits perfectly and is thin enough that it doesn't add any extra bulk.

https://www.photodon.com/p/2359-01.html

Attachments

• IMG_20211101_231518.jpg
    IMG_20211101_231518.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 22, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #263 of 482
As much as I liked sound quality of V60 in some areas, it really is step down in some over V50:

1. No support for DSD files
2. No support for DTS:X surround
3. No support for MQA
4. Graphic equalizer is not precise in gains

The noticeable difference is a bump in mid-range that makes it sound crisper due to new DAC chip.

Jan 2, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #268 of 482
For those of you using a dual screen case with your V60, if you are looking for a screen protector for it, I just put one of these on it and am pretty happy with the results (although it is a bit expensive). I was previously using an extra regular V60 screen protector that didn't fit but did its job and sacrificed itself as the phone fell out of my car.

Looks like this company (Photodon) does custom screen protectors and someone on Reddit had sent in the measurements for the case. The screen protector fits perfectly and is thin enough that it doesn't add any extra bulk.

https://www.photodon.com/p/2359-01.html
I use this one for the outer screen on the LG Dual Screen.

[4-Pack] for Infinix Zero 8... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0919QQJC2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Jan 12, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #270 of 482
Recently I have tried to find sound improvement over LG V60, but failed.
Tried: Mojo, Hugo 2, L&P W2, Cayin RU6, Chronos…. none of these USB DACs can get close to the sound quality of V60.

The more I try, the more I realize how good V60 really is: true reference sounding: with ultimate correctness, transparency, resolution, details, balance.

(To get the best sound out if V60, need to use UAPP player. It can get around the V60's default 3 filters. I hate all of the 3 filters.
These 3 filters sounds like OS filters, they will make sound processed, incorrect.
Using UAPP to bypass them, the sound is like NOS mode, the true original correct sound.)

I know this sounds insane, V60 far better than Hugo2 ? W2, RU6, Chronous … all combined? Maybe I am totally wrong. Hope someone experienced spend some time on V60 and give a proper review. V60 might deserve one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back