LG v30 vs G7 Audio Specs? Anyone know these audio chips well?
Feb 5, 2022 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EmileM

New Head-Fier
Hey Folks

I'm wondering if anyone knows which audio chipsets are on the v30 and G7? I have both, and these phones sound very different. They were released pretty close to each other, so I was assuming they'd be the same chipset, but it doesn't sound like that'd be the case.. Wondering if anyone knows?

If the sound differences are down to how the software manages the chipsets, I'll look at hacking the g7 firmware in some way... Anyone have experience doing this? Or is it on the hardware side the tuning is done?

Thanks for reading!

Feb 5, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 6
Feb 5, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 6
Sure thing. The OS version, I'm not sure if it matters, but maybe. Another thing you might try... you could exclude whatever music app you're using plus the system audio stuff from power saving. TBH, this might be a better question on XDA.

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 6
Sure thing. The OS version, I'm not sure if it matters, but maybe. Another thing you might try... you could exclude whatever music app you're using plus the system audio stuff from power saving. TBH, this might be a better question on XDA.
Thanks for the suggestion! I've actually posted this on XDA too. Different priorities over there though... I have more hopes over here.

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #6 of 6
... I have more hopes over here.

Ha! I hope you find your answers somewhere. On older phones, I remember some one-click-roots enabling high-res audio. Not sure how that might affect the LGs since they already have quad dacs and the system should be optimized for them. But maybe check out some old custom roms and see if anyone talks about the audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back