LG V30 or dedicated DAP over $300
Mar 26, 2020 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

alucard177

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm on the search for a new DAP. I had the LG V20 in the past and I enjoyed and was satisfied with the SQ but it was stolen sadly. I'm looking at the V30 and I can get it brand new for about 300 us dollars. I also had the Hidizs AP80 but sold it cause I never really enjoyed it or felt that was a difference from my galaxy s9.

I'm also talking a look at AliExpress and there's a promotion coming for the 10th anniversary or something like that. I'm specifically looking at the Shanling M2X and Fiio M9 which can be bought for about $200 to $250 respectively. I could also wait for the Hiby R3 pro to be on sale again. Also the Hidizs AP80 (again) copper version which supposedly is tuned differently than the regular version. On Joybuy the AK JR is for about $130, I also had this DAP in the past and was very impressed by its sound quality. No streaming apps though, and the UI is slow and laggy.

So, has anyone compared the SQ of the V30 to the above DAPs? I like the fact that the LG has a nice OLED screen, Google play services from beginning, Spotify, tidal, Deezer, SoundCloud and so on, and also the fact that I enjoyed the V20 a lot in the past. I'll only be using IEMs with any portable source I choose in the end, including the Shozy Zero, AAW A2H, Final Audio E2000, KZ ZS5, Shozy 1.1.

Any advise or other DAPs recommendations to consider will be welcome :)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 10
I would go to LG V30, I like simplicity and platform and streaming service on mobiles are always good. I do not have experiece with DAPs so I can not help here if it is better invest or not.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 10
I would go to LG V30, I like simplicity and platform and streaming service on mobiles are always good. I do not have experiece with DAPs so I can not help here if it is better invest or not.

Thanks for the input friend. I might go for the V30. It is getting more difficult to get it brand new (at least in my location) and to be frank I do not want a refurbished one with possibly OLED screen burn-in and battery problems. Plus, I can return it during a 30 day period if I'm not satisfied with the phone and then get a proper DAP, and of course I could always put in my SIM card in case I need it or if I sell my S9.

:)

Mar 27, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #4 of 10
You have right V30 is sold out not almost but it is in my country, I know it is older one but wow I did not expect it was for good money I wanted buy it too. I guess successor is V40.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #10 of 10
Thanks for replying guys, I ordered the V30 but in the end it wasn't brand new as the seller told me. It was already opened and with 13 charging cycles according to the SVC menu. The lower part of the retail box is fake, the typography used is not as bright as the original, and the MQS, and Snapdragon logos are missing. Everything else seems to be fine, S/N, IMEI, and the phone has no scratches. SQ is barely an improvement over my Snapdragon S9. Sound is a bit cleaner, detailed and more spacious but that's all. I guess no more DAPs fore me. I'm returning the phone.

EDIT: I'm using the AUX trick and what a difference in sound. I'm not gonna say it is a night a day difference of course but to clarify, using this mode the S9 cannot compete of with the higher output.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back